Required Venue isn’t enforced

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Required Venue isn’t enforced

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I want to require user to select a Venue before they can submit their event.
    I followed the directions on https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/required-fields-for-events-submission-form/

Requiring URL works as expected – if I click submit without entering something, the form is not submitted and error message is displayed.

But requiring venue…it says it is required, but I can submit the event without selecting a venue. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Exact steps to reproduce:
    Add the code below to child theme functions.php
    Open /events/community/add
    Notice that Venue now says it is required
    Enter something for title & description
    Click Submit Event

Expected: Event not submitted and Venue section highlighted in red saying this is required.
    Actual: Event is submitted without Venue

Here’s the code I used:
    function my_community_required_fields( $fields ) {

if ( ! is_array( $fields ) ) {
    return $fields;
    }

$fields[] = ‘venue’;

return $fields;
    }

add_filter( ‘tribe_events_community_required_fields’, ‘my_community_required_fields’, 10, 1 );

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

I am sorry you are having this issue. I tried that custom code myself and it’s indeed not working entirely as expected. As you said, it will work with “EventURL”, for example, but it won’t for venue or organizer.

I don’t think this is a bug, but something in relation to the way this filter is implemented for venues / organizers and the way the event gets linked to those. It could be the case this filter is no longer valid for venues and organizers because of recent changes in our plugin code.

While our “Terms of Service” doesn’t allow us to do customizations, we do like helping out and at least point users into the right direction. So, I will reach the team and try to come up with a solution for you but it may take a day or more depending on the amount of work we have. Please hang in there.

Best!

Victor.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

I’m sorry it took me so long to come back.

I just wanted to follow up on this and let you know that we have created a bug report for this issue and the team will address it for a future release.

I will mark this thread as “Pending fix” and while we cannot tell an exact date on this, we will let you know as soon as the team fixes it. So please hang in there.

Thanks for your patience!

Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David! 🙂

I just wanted to let you know this issue is no longer a concern with our latest feature release of Community Events 4.5. We encourage you to update to the latest version and try it out.

To find out more about the release -> https://theeventscalendar.com/release-community-events-4-5-the-events-calendar-4-5-4-pro-and-community-tickets/

We hope this update makes your site much better!

As always, don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’d be happy to help! 🙂

Best!
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Required Venue isn’t enforced’ is closed to new replies.