Request the ability to edit the 'Add Community Event' page'

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Request the ability to edit the 'Add Community Event' page'

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

Hi folks!

This question may have been asked in another thread, so I do apologize in advance. I was unable to find anything.

I plan to allow anonymous users to submit their own community events to us, and we will then triage those events prior to publisning. However, on the https://websitegoeshere.com/events/community/add, there does not appear to be a way to edit this page/form. The topmost Title on this page simply states, ‘Add New Event’. This is good, but we need to be able to add more disclaimer type of content and instructions. We would place this above the title, ‘Add New Event’.

It would be very beneficial to give the user further instructions on the rules and dos/don’ts of the types of events we allow. This way, it can help cut down on the amount of time spent by us, going through each event and determining the quality of the submissions.

If you have some suggestions on overcoming this issue, I am certainly open to ideas.

KR,

Mike Van Houten

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Mike!

You can add content to this page by doing a template override. Our themer’s guide has instructions on this, and the template you need to copy can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php.

We are a bit limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations, but if you get stuck or have any questions, please let me know – I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Request the ability to edit the 'Add Community Event' page'’ is closed to new replies.