Replacing Venue Template in Child Theme

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Replacing Venue Template in Child Theme

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

Hey Rob + Team,
    I’m trying to use a custom venue template in my child them (I’m using twentyten as a parent theme). By default the single venue page is using the page.php template from twentyten which seems odd. I’ve tried the following methods and nothing seems to work:

– single-tribe_venue.php in child theme
    – single-tribe_venue.php in parent theme
    – events/single-venue.php in child theme
    – events/single-venue.php in parent theme

What’s the official way of doing this in ECP 2.0? Also, is there a way to use a custom venue-meta-box.php template for the admin side by copying over template files to my theme file?

Thanks!

Jesse

Looks like I had to specify in settings -> the events calendar -> theme settings -> Default Template

Before the custom template went into effect!

Rob

Ah, so it looks like you’ve got this set, right? That’s a good point you raised there regarding having to specify the default template; going to check with our dev to see if there are any workarounds on that down the road.

Rob

So it seemed like you wanted complete control over the templates vs loading them into page.php, which we do now for better theme support. Seems you’re all set here but let me know if that’s not the case. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Replacing Venue Template in Child Theme’ is closed to new replies.