Replace gridview with the table-mini?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Replace gridview with the table-mini?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robin
    Participant

I would like to see about replacing the main calendar page (gridview) with the mini widget (totally restyled)–mainly because the client likes to have even table rows, but some weeks have a lot more events on one day than others. With the way the daily events pop out of the widget if the date is hovered over, this suits us just fine. I’ve copied and renamed the mini-table to my theme events folder and it’s definitely a start. However, I need to be able to style it separately from the widget, which suggests that I need to change the div classes to make them unique. However, there are warnings all over the file about not changing those because of breaking the ajax functionality. Is what I want to do possible? Are there pieces outside of the mini-table file (and CSS) that I will need to change?

Thank you!

Barry

Based on what you are saying, I would guess that modifying the existing gridview would be easier than pulling in and uniquely styling another instance of the mini-grid widget.

With some CSS you could fix the height of each cell and with a template override you could additionally limit the number of events per cell (and perhaps add a piece of text such as “…and n other events, click here to view all events on this day.”

Robin
    Participant

Barry, thanks for your help. That is something I would certainly consider–however, my PHP wobbles. Can you point me in the right direction to tackle the template override (I\’ve done that part before for some minor work but looking at the gridview, I’m not sure where to start with limiting the number of events shown on a day, etc.)?

Thanks!

Barry

The basic idea behind template overrides is explained in this tutorial (just in case you need the background – you may already have this down though):

https://theeventscalendar.com/what-are-template-overrides-and-how-do-i-do-them/

The template you would be interested in here is probably table.php and you could find and replace the display_day() function with this alternative code as a starting point, which should limit each cell to 3 events.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Replace gridview with the table-mini?’ is closed to new replies.