Repeat Events Don’t Work if Time Change

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Repeat Events Don’t Work if Time Change

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Hi: We have duplicated this glitch multiple times, and it’s a big problem for our site. Recurring events work fine when using the Daily repeat function. But the repeat “Once” function works only if the time stays the same. Often we have events that repeat several times across multiple days at different times. If the time needs to change, the input form returns an “invalid date” error.

Please see attachments showing input before and after saving.

Example: A theatre performance on Friday night, two shows Saturday, a matinee on Sunday. Given the glitch, I have to input 4 separate events in this example.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Robert!

Thanks for reaching out to us! 🙂

I am sorry you are having this issue. Unfortunately, I could not reproduce the issue you are having with my own installation.

I can see you are still using an older version of our plugins. Could you update them to the latest version (4.4.4) and let me know if the issue still persists? If you don’t see the update available in the plugins page, then go to wp-admin > Dashboard > Updates and click Check Again.

After that, if you still experience the issue, could you please tell me the steps you took before seeing the error? When and where did you edit the dates / times for the recurrence. Does the issue happen every time or only sometimes?

Thanks!

Victor

Robert
    Participant

I upgraded to 4.4.4. The issue remains. Here’s a detailed report with screen shots. You’ll see I tried two different approaches.

Here’s what I did, in order:

Filled out all relevant fields including the Time & Date for the first show of the event Works fine.

Clicked “Schedule multiple events” > Once > selected the next day and “at same time”. Works fine.

Clicked “Add More Events” > Once > selected the next day and “at a different time” and “next day”. (Screen2 – before clicking “Add More Events” again).

Saved (because this is the point at which it does not work — when the time needs to change). See screen3 “One event on invalid date at 2:00pm”.

So I deleted that 3rd instance and tried it again, this time not inputting a date in the “On” field. I then put in a new time and “next day.” See screen4 — shows the setup before saving. That doesn’t work either (it set it at today, the day of inputting — screen5).

And somewhere along the way the 2nd instance gained an invalid date, even though it was initially ok, and I never altered it thereafter.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Robert!

Thanks for coming back and give such a detailed explanation of your issue. That really helps.

I could replicate the issue you are having and discovered it is a bug with the Datetime picker format settings. I have already created the bug report and linked to this thread for reference. I will change this thread status to “Pending fix” so the team will let you know here as soon as a bug fix is made in a future release.

In the meantime, the only workaround I found is changing the Datetime picker format setting. You can do this under Events > Settings > Display and then changing the “Datetime picker format” to the first option “2017-01-15”.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience and let me know if there is any other question.

Best!

Victor

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 26th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-26th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Repeat Events Don’t Work if Time Change’ is closed to new replies.