Repeat Custom Field

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Repeat Custom Field

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joanna Shebson
    Participant

Is it possible to create a recurring event that repeat weekly but at different times. Ex:
    Sundays: 10-2
    Mondays: 10-3
    I know we could duplicate an event and then set a different weekly recurrence, but the problem is that the event gets a different permalink with /-2 added at the end. Would this be problematic for SEO?

Also, I tried editing a category for a recurring event and when I click Update it just thinks and thinks and never ends up saving. Why do you think this is happening?

Barry

Right now I’m afraid that is not supported by default. We’re definitely open to any feature requests you might post along these lines (or you could add your support to any suitable existing requests).

I know we could duplicate an event and then set a different weekly recurrence, but the problem is that the event gets a different permalink with /-2 added at the end. Would this be problematic for SEO?

That’s the best and easiest way to proceed here, but I’m afraid we can’t really advise you as to possible SEO repercussions.

Also, I tried editing a category for a recurring event and when I click Update it just thinks and thinks and never ends up saving. Why do you think this is happening?

Hmm, tricky. I’m not sure why that would happen. The first step though is to follow our standard troubleshooting steps, namely:

• Ensure your Modern Tribe plugins are up-to-date
    • Deactivate all other plugins
    • Switch to a default, unmodified theme like Twenty Twelve

Check if the problem persists under those conditions as this may amount to a conflict with some other component.

Let us know how you get on!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Repeat Custom Field’ is closed to new replies.