reoccurring events creating duplicate instances with incorrect dates

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO reoccurring events creating duplicate instances with incorrect dates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iosefo
    Participant

I see on the help page that other people are having this issue and that it’s a known bug. I just had to remove our calendar view from the site navigation because our patrons are calling us upset with the user experience. We have tons of events that range from performances (that are single day events) to dance and Arts Ed classes (reoccurring) and so the Calendar is already jam packed with events and require people using the filters navigate. Unfortunately, on top of that now we have tons of duplicated events showing up on incorrect days.

Here is the URL for our calendar page (which I just removed fro the site navigation) http://vashoncenterforthearts.org/events/

I aggregate events by category onto individual pages of the site (for Dance, Arts Ed, performances, Art Exhibits etc.) at that is working correctly.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-creating-duplicates/

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support.

I’ve verified this looks to be similar to a couple other similar bug reports so I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘reoccurring events creating duplicate instances with incorrect dates’ is closed to new replies.