Renewed iCal importer license but am confused about Aggregator

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Renewed iCal importer license but am confused about Aggregator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Participant

I have never been able to get The Events Calendar iCal importer to play nice with the feeds i have access to and let my license lapse. After the all the new updates, I wanted to give it another try and renewed my license, but it is not what I was expecting. I need help sorting out my account and which licenses I actually need and do not need. Please advise:

BACKGROUND: I run a school website with a complicated activities calendar that needs to import many different sports calendars. I NEED these calendars to SYNC with the origin calendar to reflect time and venue changes, cancelations, etc.. My experiences with ical importer have not been kind to me: some changes to the origin calendar are seen, some duplicated, some not seen. Also, often bizarre and unexpected information is imported and events need to be either all deleted or edited. Editing takes far too much time. Deletion causes its own set of problems since the ical importer then does not re-import the calendar without a lot of scary code/file workarounds which I am not entirely comfortable with.

Calendar site is http://www.mayerlutheran.org/events/list/

Will the new updates help me? Exports from the origin calendar are available in several different formats.

I also have confusion on whether I require Events PRO, iCal importer OR Event Aggregator — or some combination. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Cliff

Hi Jennifer.

Sorry no joy for you here, including your past experiences. Hopefully I can clear some things up for you.

Event Aggregator (EA) has replaced iCal Importer and Facebook Importer. Those 2 are now legacy products. EA also adds new functionality, like being able to import from Meetup. EA is new and will continue to receive updates and improvements in time. Although there have been some growing pains along the way, EA is a much-improved offering that should help you successfully import. Note, however, that there is no “2-way sync” functionality.

When you renewed your iCal Importer license, our automated licensing system didn’t generate your new EA license so I did that for you. You can find it at https://theeventscalendar.com/license-keys/

Please read our Moving to Event Aggregator KB article and give it a shot.

Please let me know of any issues have with it.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Renewed iCal importer license but am confused about Aggregator’ is closed to new replies.