Rename "previous events" to "past events"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Rename "previous events" to "past events"

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hi there. Must be a simple one, how do I rename “previous events” to “past events” and “next events” to “future events” ? Can’t find the correct template file anywhere to rename this.

Many thanks

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Absolutely, that’s totally possible! I would suggest overriding the nav.php template to make that happen. You can learn more about overriding calendar templates in our <u>Themer’s Guide</u>, but it basically boils down to this:

• Make a copy of the nav.php template. It is located at wp-content/the-events-calendar/src/views/list/nav.php
    • Make a new folder in your theme called tribe-events
    • Make a new folder in that one called list
    • Drop your copied nav.php file in that last folder

Now that the template is in your theme, you can modify it to suit your needs. In this case, change the “Previous” and “Next” labels that start on Line 24.

Will this work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Rename "previous events" to "past events"’ is closed to new replies.