Removing “Export” Links from Event Views

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Removing “Export” Links from Event Views

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    screenrage
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve tried few of the snippets posted in 2016 and 2015 in these forums to disable event exports from my website but none are working, the Export Events function is still there and someone can just come in and download all the events I painstakingly collected and entered.

The “unsupported” plugin to turn off the Export functionality also does nothing.

So what is the “current, as of today” method of disabling all event exports across all views? Can we have a solution that is version proof?

thanks
    j

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jake and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

There are 3 ways you could tackle this:

1. Making a template customization for each view where you remove the export link call. You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.
    2. Use CSS to hide the buttons
    3. Use the following snippet in your theme’s functions.php: https://gist.github.com/GeoffEW/b8f0bb5fc2b8510c6ad4f0b60fcf3fb9

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

screenrage
    Participant

Hi,

Option 3 seems to be a good solution but it does not work… The reason why I prefer this option is that it would disable the function not just hide the buttons.

That is what I need.

help?!
    j

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Jake,

You are right! My apologies, this snippet is limited to the single day view.

We actually have a better solution! https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/removing-export-links-event-views/

You can also try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox for now:

.tribe-events-ical, #tribe-events .tribe-events-ical {display: none !important}

Best regards,

Geoff B.

screenrage
    Participant

As I stated in my original message this plugin does not work with the latest version of The Events Calendar. I installed it, ran it and it did nothing to disable the exporting.

Will adding the above to my CSS disable the functionality or just hide the buttons? I need to completely TURN OFF the ability to export not just hide parts of it.

thanks

Geoff B.

Good evening Jake,

Thank you for writing back.
    I did not realize you had tried this plugin specifically.

I just reported the plugin as broken. It might take a moment, but it will get fixed.

In the meantime, since the CSS only hides the buttons, your best bet is the template customization.

It’s really not as complex as it sounds:

1. You create a /tribe-events/ folder in your WordPress theme.
    2. You choose the views you want to change ( i.e.: list or month )
    3. Make a copy of it and put it in the correct path in the /tribe-events/ folder)
    4. Look for the following  <?php do_action( 'tribe_events_after_footer' ) ?>
    5. Remove that last line from the view

You should be good to go.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing “Export” Links from Event Views’ is closed to new replies.