Removing Day Number Link – ?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Removing Day Number Link – ?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    Participant

What file would I go to in order to remove the link to the day number above an event?

When you click on that link on my site, there is no info on the page that the day number links to as I have set display to none.

If I could be instructed to what file I would need to alter to remove the link, that would be great. However, I do need to keep the day of the month there, just no link.

Thanks
    -Danny

Rob

Hey Danny. Are you just talking about the single day view, that allows you to view all events taking place a specific day?

Danny
    Participant

I was hoping to remove the link that would bring you to the single day view.

So when you go to a page that has the calendar on it, I want to remove the the function of being able to click on the number of what day it is which would bring you to the view of all events taking place on a specific day.

I have enabled a several forms on my clients site that I have included with each event.
    With the height of this form, and depending on how many events I have on one day – the page can become extremely long, therefore I have been trying to exclude the option of being able to see a list of all events.

Rob

Ah, gotcha. That makes sense and should be doable – though I’m not sure how myself. We’ve had a lot of discussions with users about how to noindex it but not how to remove it entirely. Let me see what our dev Jonah would suggest on this. I’ll get him to comment directly.

Danny
    Participant

Thanks Rob.

Danny

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Danny,

All you’ve got to do is make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/views/table.php and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme. Then find lines 102-106:

if( function_exists('tribe_get_linked_day') && count( tribe_get_events( array( 'start_date' => $date, 'end_date' => $date, 'eventDisplay' => 'all') ) ) > 0 ) {
    $return .= tribe_get_linked_day($date, $day); // premium
    } else {
    $return .= $day;
    }

and replace with:

$return .= $day;

That’ll get rid of those links!

Danny
    Participant

Thanks Jonah!

This worked perfect!

Jonah
    Participant

Great to hear Danny, let us know if there’s anything else we can help out with here.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Day Number Link – ?’ is closed to new replies.