Removing Categories from Event Submission Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Removing Categories from Event Submission Form

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David
    Participant

I am running The Events Calendar/Community Calendar on a web site with separate member events and community events. I think I understand how to separate the two calendar views through the use of categories. However, I need to remove the categories selection box from the community event submission form as these will all be manually categorized as “community events” whereas all the other categories will only pertain to the chamber member calendar view which is edited manually by the chamber events coordinator.

Can this be done by editing the event-form.php file? And if so how?

Casey
    Participant

David,
    Try adding the following code into your themes functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/3892808

Let me know if that does the trick. Thanks!

David
    Participant

I had added the code you provided to my theme’s functions.php file, but did not see any changes to the community/add form, or the community settings options.

Casey
    Participant

David,
    Sorry, I just realized that that code won’t work with the latest public version. That’s code that will work with the version that’s currently in development.

So unfortunately, as of version 2.0.9, there is no way to hide the categories on this page. So sorry!

Let me know if you have any other issues that I can help with. Thanks!

David
    Participant

Ok… stupid question: Do you foresee any potential problems with an (albeit inelegant hack) display:none added to that specific div element in the template file event-form.php of the plugin?

Casey
    Participant

David,
    I think that would be OK for now, but I would definitely implement the solution I posted above when the next version is released. Thanks!

David
    Participant

Thanks… we will do that then.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Categories from Event Submission Form’ is closed to new replies.