Remove/hide organizer email from public display and spam bots

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove/hide organizer email from public display and spam bots

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ttem
    Participant

It is not good to have the organizer emails exposed to potential spam bot harvesting. I have read themer’s guide but no info there on this.
    I can’t find the php file where I can remove this, I would think it would be in single-event.php though this is the action that displays it:
    <?php do_action( ‘tribe_events_after_the_content’ ) ?>
    and I have no idea what file is being called from that action.
    Please let me know the path to that file.
    Thank you for your help!

Barry

Hi ttem,

There are a few things you could do to workaround this – here’s a short snippet which you could use to alter the email address (and you could indeed have it return an empty string).

Or, you could hide the entire email address and label with something like this:

add_filter( 'tribe_event_meta_organizer_email', '__return_empty_string' );

Either snippet could be added to your theme’s functions.php file. Does that help?

ttem
    Participant

Excellent Barry! I implemented the function to hide email and label which works perfectly.
    Thank you for providing those 2 functions as I’m sure many others will benefit from these archived solutions.

Barry

Closing this thread as it’s been quite a while – of course if we can help with anything else please do create a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove/hide organizer email from public display and spam bots’ is closed to new replies.