Remove “Upcoming Events”? It’s not needed as I’ve put in a custom

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove “Upcoming Events”? It’s not needed as I’ve put in a custom

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

How do I remove “Upcoming Events”? It’s not needed as I’ve put in a H1 – HEAVY GIG GUIDE in Add HTML before event content ara.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Carl,

It would be my pleasure to assist with this.

The easiest way would be to add a little CSS to your site:

.tribe-events-page-title { display: none; }

You could add that to your theme’s CSS, or perhaps use a third part plugin like Simple Custom CSS.

If you’re more interested in truly removing the title from the source, I would recommend a theme override. Our guide for creating these: Themer’s Guide . Just create an override for the list view, remove the title from the source, and you’re done.

Would one of those work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

Carl
    Participant

That worked perfect! Thanks.

Carl
    Participant

One more thing. http://heavymag.com.au/gigs/

I’ve put in h1 and h2 in the “add HTML before event content area” but it’s controlling the size. I’ve tried adding html to it but it doesn’t change it. How do I get it to use the template theme css for h1 and h2?

Brook
    Participant

It looks like your template and uses quite a bit different HTML than what you currently have. Here is what your template uses in place of just an h1:

<div class="page-head">

Heavy Gig Guide

<div class="stripe-line"></div> </div>

And here is some CSS that remove the Before HTML H1 CSS:

.tribe-events-before-html h1.page-title {
     font-size: 46px;
     margin: 0 10px 0 0;
     line-height: 1.2;
    }

Cheers!

– Brook

Carl
    Participant

Sorry, I don’t understand. I want to make these appease the same as the site h1 and h2 typography:

HEAVY GIG GUIDE
    Rock, Punk, Metal, Thrash, Hardcore, Metal Core, Black…

How do I do that?

Brook
    Participant

Oh no worries. You would do that by using code similar to what I shared. I gave you an exact example of the HTML you would need to use for the H1 (which I copied/pasted from your theme’s source code):

<div class="page-head">
        <h1>Heavy Gig Guide</h1>
        <div class="stripe-line"></div>
    </div>

And this is the exact CSS you will need to insert for the above H1 to look like it does on the other pages:

.tribe-events-before-html h1.page-title {
     font-size: 46px;
     margin: 0 10px 0 0;
     line-height: 1.2;
    }

You will need to do something similar with your H2s. I did not see the H2 used when I thumbed through your site, could you point it out?

It’s worth noting that our support does not typically cover providing exact code like the above. On rare occasions I can sneak some past my manager like that. But as outlined in our Terms Of Service while we provide example code it will often be up to you or your website developer to adapt the code to your site. I just wanted to mention this in case you were not aware.

Cheers!

– Brook

Carl
    Participant

I’m sorry I am not following what you mean. I don’t have this problem with any other plugin. Just this one.

I don’t understand your code. It doesn’t work, can you please check it and explain to me where I should put it please.

Brook
    Participant

Man these forums keep giving you and I trouble. The HTML did get mangled again, even though I double checked it. I just corrected it above, but I also shared it on pastebin just in case: http://pastebin.com/N3BawFBa

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove “Upcoming Events”? It’s not needed as I’ve put in a custom’ is closed to new replies.