Remove "tribe" from URL variable names and values?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove "tribe" from URL variable names and values?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Todd
    Participant

Is there any way to remove “tribe” from URL variable names and values?

This url — site.com/events/past/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1 — has “tribe” in a url-var’s name (tribe_paged), and also in a value (tribe_list).

My client finds the word “tribe” far too strange for the user experience. They need it to be much more generic, like “event_list” and “event_paged”.

Barry

That’s possible but would count as an advanced customization and wouldn’t be something we could help you with.

As an alternative, would it be possible for you to enable pretty permalinks? You would then have what are generally considered to be more SEO-friendly URLs and could exercise greater control over them (a pattern like example.com/event/event-name is used by default, but you would have the ability to change this to something like example.com/party/event-name if you wanted and that was more suitable in your scenario).

Does that help?

Todd
    Participant

Hi Barry, thanks for the reply. I do have pretty-permalinks enabled. I’m using the ‘month and name’ option (http://protocolwine.dev/2014/02/sample-post/).

My event-list is — site.com/events/
    My single-event is — site.com/event/my-event/
    My category-page is — site.com/events/my-cat/
    But my PAST event-list is — site.com/events/my-cat/past/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1

That’s where i’m seeing url-vars that have “tribe” in the names and values.

Todd
    Participant

is there really no way to edit my own comment/post on this thread?

Barry

Ahh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Well unfortunately no – those URL query variables are not intended to be editable. I suspect the mechanics of adjusting them could be tricky as they may be hardwired into various supporting assets. What I’d suggest if you feel strongly about it is either engaging a developer to investigate this further or else posting a feature request along the lines of making those query variables more generic (however, I can’t guarantee we’d accept such a request as they are ‘namespaced’ in this manner partly to avoid collisions).

is there really no way to edit my own comment/post on this thread?

At this time I’m afraid you should not expect to be able to edit your comments (there are a few quirks we are currently working through with the forum software).

Barry

I’ll go ahead and close this – but if we can help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove "tribe" from URL variable names and values?’ is closed to new replies.