Remove Tickets sold/ stock

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Remove Tickets sold/ stock

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Thomas Bliss
    Participant

I have tied to remove the tickets remaining on Event Tickets Pro via all of my settings but yet it remains.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Thomas,

I would love to help you figure this out. But I want to be sure I understand you completely. Are you trying to delete any and all tickets that were attached to an event, and people have already purchased those tickets?

If so, you might need to double check the ecommerce products. For example it the ticket was a WooCommerce one, the Woo product may still remain.Are you seeing the ticket there still?

Cheers!

– Brook

Thomas Bliss
    Participant

What I need is to hide the number of tickets sold/remaining from view of the buyer. I have already set woo commerce to not show stock, but it is still showing stock.

Example: 24 out of 24 available
    Event example:http://northwestresponse.com/course/blscpr-for-healthcare-and-public-safety-122315/

Brook
    Participant

Ahh, thank you for clarifying.

That should be very doable. You could create a theme override for public_html/wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php and alter line 54 which shows how many tickets are available:

echo sprintf( esc_html__( '%1$s out of %2$s available', 'event-tickets-plus' ), esc_html( $remaining ), esc_html( $ticket->original_stock() ) );

You could just remove that line, or perhaps change it to say something like “Tickets are available”.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

I forgot to link to our Themer’s Guide. That walks you through creating theme overrides. I see you have been a customer for a while so you might very well be familiar with it already, but just in case. 🙂

– Brook

Thomas Bliss
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Tim Maecken
    Participant

Hi, thank you providing us with ticket plus. I also want to remove tickets # sold of # remaining from the buyer’s view.

However, I am not familiar with php. The solution you were providing sounds correct for me:
    Removing the line

echo sprintf( esc_html__( ‘%1$s out of %2$s available’, ‘event-tickets-plus’ ), esc_html( $remaining ), esc_html( $ticket->original_stock() ) );

from
    …/event-tickets-plus/src/views/shopptickets/tickets.php

Can you please provide more details on how to perform the theme override? I know, there’s a themer’s guide, but as non-php-programmer my question is

(a) do I have to simply change the that single line into
    echo sprintf( esc_html__( ‘TICKETS ARE AVAIABLE’, ‘event-tickets-plus’ ), esc_html( $remaining ), esc_html( $ticket->original_stock() ) );

if I want to display something else or

(b) to simply delete the complete line or more of the code e.g.:

if ( $remaining ) {
    ?>
    <span class=”tribe-tickets-remaining”>
    <?php
    echo sprintf( esc_html__( ‘%1$s out of %2$s available’, ‘event-tickets-plus’ ), esc_html( $remaining ), esc_html( $ticket->original_stock() ) );
    ?>
    </span>
    <?php
    }
    }

Thank you so much for your help.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy timgesic,

Great question. Option B would work really well. I would delete everything you quoted, expect the final } because that one is still needed for the rest of the page to work. Make sense?

• Brook
    Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Tickets sold/ stock’ is closed to new replies.