Remove the woocommerce reference with the Branding extension or another way?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Remove the woocommerce reference with the Branding extension or another way?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi there, this is indirectly related to woocommerce tickets to be honest here and I am hoping for a solution. I am using the woocommerce branding plugin located here: http://www.woothemes.com/products/woocommerce-branding/ and in general it seems to work well with most references in the extension for The events calendar woocommerce tickets extension in terms of inheriting the site name I give it.

However there is one major reference I would like to rename and the branding plugin does not achieve it. When a user goes to create a ticket and clicks “Add New Ticket” the very first radio button that displays is the “Sell Using” and then it says WooCommerce so really its not a very good one!. Also of course I am using only woocommerce so really it does not even need to be there really because the user cannot really choose anything else.

The reason I mention this is because if you start to setup the site as a community site like with the community addon and say Product Vendors and your trying to create a more unique user experience for those that do not really want to involve themselves in WordPress and are more interested in say just there events and tickets this is not really needed at all and I am just trying to simplify the experience as much as possible and remove woocommerce from the equation.

At the very least would there be a css trick I can add to the custom.css file of my theme – just to hide it. Or alternatively som function or snippet I can add to the functions.php version? Maybe then in future versions the branding plugin could work here and just say the name of the store if the branding plugin is turned on? Anyways any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks again for your time.

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Thanks for reaching out and for being mindful of our limitations with custom code support; I appreciate your awareness of it!

Fortunately, if you’re just trying to hide that “Sell using” text and radio button, this is quite easy to do – you should be able to pull it off by just adding the following code snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

if ( function_exists( 'tribe_get_events' ) ) {
    function tribe_support_1010768() {
    echo '<style>#ticket_form_table tr:nth-of-type(2) { display: none; }</style>';
    }

add_action( 'admin_head', 'tribe_support_1010768' );
    }

This works well for me and I hope it does for you, too. Let me know! 🙂

Cheers,
    George

James O’Sullivan
    Participant

Hi George,
    That function certainly did the trick here and helped massively with this. I just notice one other reference to Woocommerce here – basically a title as you can see next to “Event Sales Report” on my screenshot here: http://i61.tinypic.com/m8z2v6.jpg

Again I would prefer without this title – maybe another function or css element to remove this? I believe that is everything then actually. Thanks again for your time.

George
    Participant

Hey James,

Glad the first bit helped! Hiding the header you mentioned takes a bit more CSS but is indeed still possible by changing the code I recommended in my first post to this instead:

if ( function_exists( 'tribe_get_events' ) ) {
    function tribe_support_1010768() {
    ob_start(); ?>
    <style>
    #ticket_form_table tr:nth-of-type(2) {
    display: none;
    }
    .tribe_sectionheader.ticket_list_container h4.tribe_sectionheader {
    visibility: hidden;
    }
    .tribe_sectionheader.ticket_list_container h4.tribe_sectionheader small {
    visibility: visible;
    float: left;
    }
    </style>
    <?php echo ob_get_clean();
    }

add_action( 'admin_head', 'tribe_support_1010768' );
    }

Now, we technically don’t offer any support for custom coding here, so if you have further customizations that you’d like to make, you will unfortunately have to determine the proper CSS for it on your own. I highly recommend getting and using a [free!] tool like Firebug if you use FireFox, or the Developer Tools for either Safari or Chrome. They all have “Inspector” tools which let you mouse right over the element you’d like to customize (e.g., to hide), and tells you the CSS selector necessary for it.

Best of luck with your customizations! 🙂

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove the woocommerce reference with the Branding extension or another way?’ is closed to new replies.