Help Desk

Remove the recurrence option from community event form

G’day guys.
    Ive been looking to remove the recurrence button from the submission form. I tried using the spinet from this discussion
    https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/removedisable-the-recurrence-option-in-version-3-4/
    but it doesnt seem to work…

astcit,
    Thanks for getting in touch! I was able to add that snippet to my test instance and it worked with no issues (screenshot). Can you verify that you pasted the code into your theme’s functions.php file correctly?

my themes function file is a little messy due to all the changes I’ve actually made customizing.

is my full function.php & ive tried adding the section with no luck just at the bottom if the function.php

Correct Answer

astcit,
    I’m noticing a stray semi-colon on line 15 of your functions.php. I don’t think that’s where your issue is coming from, but you should probably go ahead and remove it anyways. Another approach you can take in order to fix this, is to just add this CSS to your theme’s stylesheet:

.tribe_community_edit .recurrence-row {display:none !important;}

Give that a try and let me know if it does the trick. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Worked a treat Casey.
    Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my function.php and spotting that.. (I believe that was a little above the call of duty thanks mate)
    You support has been absolutely amazing, I will be giving you a shout out in my review about your above and beyond service!

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

Feel free to start a new thread if you have further questions!

Thanks! 😀

Cheers,
    Casey