Remove the public attendee list entirely

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Remove the public attendee list entirely

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Jessica Messervey
    Participant

Hi there,

I know there is a PHP snippet to remove the public attendee list, however this snippet does not remove the “Don’t list me on the public attendee list” checkbox.

Is there a filter that will allow us to remove the opt-out? Or is there a setting to disable the public attendee list feature all together? Note: I’d rather not remove it via CSS.

Thanks in advance!

Cliff

Hi Jessica. Thanks for your question.

If you want to hide it for a specific Event, this checkbox exists when ET+ is active: http://cl.ly/2k1b003R0B0f

If checked, it adds the ‘_tribe_hide_attendees_list’ custom field (just FYI).

The tribe_tickets_plus_hide_attendees_list filter also exists to hide the Attendees List for a specific post or always. It’s located in this file if you want to reference the filter: /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Attendees_List.php

I hope this helps!

Matt
    Participant

She wants to remove the ““Don’t list me on the public attendee list” optout checkbox and so do I. Your answer does not help with that question.

Cliff

Matt, thank you for clarifying.

I didn’t see a filter to remove that via PHP so here’s some CSS to hide it so users shouldn’t see:

body.single-tribe_events tr.tribe-tickets-attendees-list-optout {
    display: none;
    }

You can add custom CSS code via your child theme’s style.css file or via a plugin like Simple Custom CSS or, my favorite, Jetpack. Jetpack supports regular CSS and the LESS and Sass pre-processors.

If you’re not a CSS expert, Jetpack’s Custom Design reference may prove helpful.

Please let me know how it goes for you.

Patrick
    Participant

Hello, where has the CSS code to insert?

Cliff

Patrick, please check out the paragraph below the CSS code in my prior reply.

Sean
    Participant

I added this to my stylesheet but it’s still showing on the public event pages.

Cliff

Do you have any caching in place? If clearing your site cache doesn’t work for you, please open your own new support ticket.

Thanks.

Patrick
    Participant

Hello, can the price of tickets hide that they are not displayed? no other text.

Cliff

Patrick, please open your own separate forum thread and include a link to an event that has WooCommerce tickets available to Add to Cart. Then we’ll be able to assist you.

Sean, please get back to me when you can.

Thanks to you both.

Jessica Messervey
    Participant

I would like to remove it entirely, not just hide it with CSS using display: none;

Thanks!

Cliff

Hi Jessica.

Since there’s not a filter for removing this, the only way to do this via PHP is to use the Themer’s Guide to override this file: /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/rsvp.php

I did request the developers add a filter to avoid the need to use the Themer’s Guide so that might be available in a future version.

Joel
    Participant

Can the file be overridden by adding a copy of file to my theme folder under MY_THEME/tribe-events/tickets/rsvp.php ? Or will it have to be edited inside of the plugins folder?

EDIT: For me, using WooCommerce, I had to make a copy of plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php and paste it to MY_THEME/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

I then removed the section with the checkbox input and label. However, I also had to resolve the following line:
    include dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/../meta.php'; since it’s expecting this file to be in the plugins folder.

I resolved it by just deleting it 🙂 , but if your setup is not like mine you might run into issues with that.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Joel.
    Cliff

Joel, the way you’re doing things isn’t supported — it’s not the way the Themer’s Guide says to do it — and could cause issues in the future. Plus, it’s more complicated so please just follow the Themer’s Guide. 😉

Joel
    Participant

Cliff, I’m confused. I did what I did based on the Themer’s Guide: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/#tickets

The section in the Themer’s Guide mentions the file I copied explcitly:

EVENTS TICKETS PLUS

eddtickets/tickets.php – Easy Digital Downloads table of tickets with the button to purchase in the front end. It shows in the event single, if the event has EDD tickets to sell.
    shopptickets/tickets.php – Shopp table of tickets with the button to purchase in the front end. It shows in the event single, if the event has Shopp tickets to sell.
    wootickets/tickets.php – WooCommerce table of tickets with the button to purchase in the front end. It shows in the event single, if the event has WooCommerce tickets to sell.
    wpectickets/tickets.php – WP E-Commerce table of tickets with the button to purchase in the front end. It shows in the event single, if the event has WP E-Commerce tickets to sell.

Is there something I’m missing. Are we not supposed to copy these files into our theme to override them?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove the public attendee list entirely’ is closed to new replies.