Remove the option to register more than one person

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Remove the option to register more than one person

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    w2events
    Participant

On my RSVP Confirmation form, I would like to remove the option to register more than one person. Please could you give me some advice on how to do this.

Also when I click the button at the bottom of the form without filling out any information I get a message ‘Your RSVP has been received! Check your email for your RSVP confirmation.’ Surely this is false information and it should prompt the user to fill in the form?

w2events
    Participant

I also need help adding the event date to my rsvp confirmation emails. I’ve tried adding and end date to my tickets in the advance tab, this doesn’t appear to save when I go back in and edit.

w2events
    Participant

I still need assistance to the questions above

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Richard!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’d be happy to help you with this topic.

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

To remove the option to register more than one person, you can make a template override of the rsvp.php template file located at /wp-content/plugins/event-tickets/src/views/tickets/

At around line 85 of that template you will see the max attribute for the input element, which you can customize to suit your needs.

when I click the button at the bottom of the form without filling out any information I get a message ‘Your RSVP has been received!

You should not be able to submit an RSVP unless you fill in the required fields. Are you getting a different behavior? If so, could you please share a link to an event where you are experiencing this so we can have a closer look?

If you want to include the event date in the ticket email, you can do so by pasting the following code snippet into your theme’s (or child theme) functions.php file:

add_filter('tribe_tickets_email_include_event_date', '__return_true' );

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

w2events
    Participant

Thank you very much for your help.

I’ve changed the max attribute, thanks!

‘when I click the button at the bottom of the form without filling out any information I get a message ‘Your RSVP has been received!’
    You should not be able to submit an RSVP unless you fill in the required fields. Are you getting a different behavior? If so, could you please share a link to an event where you are experiencing this so we can have a closer look?
    Yes, I’m getting a different behaviour, I assume that name and email address are set to required by default? – https://firstport.w2events.co.uk/exeter/

Regarding the event date, I’ve added your snippet and I’m still not getting the date in my confirmation emails. I don’t understand how it would know the date anyway. There is nowhere for me to add the event date in the rsvp settings. Or have I missed something?

w2events
    Participant

See points above, also..

Do I need to be using the event calendar plugin and add rsvp tictets to events to get the dates to work? I’m currently just using the pro ticket plugin with rsvp tickets on pages. Start sale dates and end sale dates are not working for me as well as the point above about getting the date into my confirmation emails.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Good to know you could change the input max value. 🙂

Yes, I’m getting a different behaviour, I assume that name and email address are set to required by default? – https://firstport.w2events.co.uk/exeter/

I’ve just tested and it seems to be working correctly. If no “Full Name” or “Email” address is filled in, after clicking the Confirm Attendance button I can see the following message showing up: “Please fill in the confirmation name and email fields.”

Start sale dates and end sale dates are not working for me as well as the point above about getting the date into my confirmation emails.

We’ve just shipped a new release of our plugins is out, including a change for the ticket email event dates, so that they always show up by default, so you won’t need the snippet above. This will only work for tickets being added to events, not for posts or pages.

You can find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

As for the start/end sale dates not working, could you please update to the latest versions of our plugins and see if any difference?

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove the option to register more than one person’ is closed to new replies.