Remove Sidebar for Calendar View ONLY

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove Sidebar for Calendar View ONLY

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

I’d like to have a full-page template for the calendar view only, but keep for the event list view.
    Maybe also like to play around with only having it for the events themselves (i.e not even event list view). I’ve tried playing around with css and removing #sidebar, but that does it for all pages everywhere on site.
    thanks in advance
    just updated to pro version, so site is not up to date

Barry

Hi Steve,

There are a number of different ways you might approach this. If you are using Default Event Template (to determine this, visit Events > Settings > Template and check the relevant setting there) then you could modify the ecp-page-template.php to accommodate this.

Before you do anything though, please check out the following resources:

In your custom ecp-page-template.php template you could then locate this code:

get_sidebar();

And change this to:

if (!tribe_is_month()) get_sidebar();

There are often other things to consider of course, such as resizing the main content area, but this varies from theme to theme (as do the steps to take if you are not using Default Event Templates – though in principle it should be similar).

Does that help at all/clear as mud?

Steve
    Participant

Hi there,
    I didn’t seem to have a
    get_sidebar();
    in my ecp-page-template.php, only ecp-single-template.php. I nonetheless tried adding it to page and replacing it in single and neither worked. Just to confirm, I’d like to remove sidebar for calendar view and keep for other pages.
    thanks

Steve
    Participant

I got it: managed to do so through page.php instead.
    However, I’m having trouble with altering the css for the table. When I increase it’s width, because the content area can’t be increased, some of the table doesn’t show. When I increase the content/post area it increases it for list view as well.
    any ideas?
    thanks

Steve
    Participant

done that too! another little thing. How do I have the calendar buttons float right for calendar view and margin-right:300px for list view?
    thanks

Barry

Yep, you’re right about there being no get_sidebar() call in the default ecp-page-template.php – I forgot to reset mine to the default after helping out on another thread. Apologies for the confusion!

div.grid span.tribe-events-calendar-buttons

This should let you target the calendar buttons (I’m guessing you mean the Event List and Calendar links?) when the grid or month view is being viewed. For the list view, you could try:

div.upcoming span.tribe-events-calendar-buttons

Does that help?

Steve
    Participant

great thanks so much

Barry

No problem 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Sidebar for Calendar View ONLY’ is closed to new replies.