Remove Recurring Event from Widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove Recurring Event from Widget

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Daniella
    Participant

Hi,
    I noticed “Recurring Event (See all)” appear in my calendar widget and I want to remove it as it was not there before. How can I do that? Thank you.

Barry

Hi Daniella,

I think I see the problem but I just want to double check it’s the same thing you are experiencing: so, for the avoidance of any doubt, are you seeing this in relation to the calendar widget or the list widget?

If it happens to be the calendar widget would you mind posting a link so I can see a live example as on first impressions that appears to be working as expected in this regard (but it might of course be I’m missing some condition necessary to replicate).

Thanks!

Daniella
    Participant

It’s the list widget and right now I set ‘display:none;’ in the css. Wasn’t sure if this was a setting or not. It was just weird how it automatically appeared when that and the day wasn’t there before.

Barry

Ah, ok. It’s a bug, I’m afraid, but one which I just logged and we’ll address it as quickly as we can.

In the interim if you feel confident doing so you could make a copy of views/pro/widgets/list-widget.php and place it in your theme (at your_theme/tribe-events/pro/widgets/list-widget.php – basically our standard template override process).

On a new line below global $post try adding:

TribeEventsPro::instance()->disable_recurring_info_tooltip();

Then on an additional new line at the very end of the file (so after wp_reset_postdata()) please also add:

TribeEventsPro::instance()->enable_recurring_info_tooltip();

That may provide you with a bit of relief until we roll out a substantive fix for this one.

I hope that helps 🙂

Daniella
    Participant

That removed the Recurring Event but not the
    “Mon 05”
    repetition.
    Thanks.

Barry

OK – well we can definitely assist with that, too – but it is a different problem to the one you initially opened with (…I noticed “Recurring Event (See all)” appear in my calendar widget and I want to remove it…) and so it would be awesome if you could create a new support topic for this second problem.

Apart from helping us to ensure fair and fast service for everyone it will make it easier for others to find the topic and quickly locate any relevant answer 🙂

Thanks so much!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 4 months ago by Barry. Reason: Clarify text
    Leah

Hi there,

Thank you for your support and patience while we worked on this issue. We are happy announce that we have incorporated a fix into our upcoming 3.10 release. Keep an eye out for a release announcement on our site and for updates available on your WordPress dashboard.

While we have thoroughly tested this release and are confident of its quality, it is impossible to account for every edge case in the wide world of WordPress. If you run into trouble with the new version or you don’t see your reported issue corrected, please start a new thread and we will be happy to work with you.

Thanks again for your patience here. We’re excited to get this version out the door and into your hands!

Best,
    The Events Calendar Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Recurring Event from Widget’ is closed to new replies.