Remove previous – next events in Events Calendar Pro??

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove previous – next events in Events Calendar Pro??

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Gregory
    Participant

We followed your Themer’s Guide and copied over single-event.php to …\wp-content\themes\snapgravy\tribe-events\pro. We made customization there according to https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/remove-previous-next-events-in-events-calendar-pro/, however, the plugin is not recognizing the chagnes and continues to display the default single-event.php template.

Please advise.

Gregory
    Participant

Note that I am able to successfully modify the CSS by moving a copy of the plugin CSS file to …\wp-content\themes\snapgravy\tribe-events\pro, but for some reason, we are unable to do the same with Template files per the above.

Hunter

Hello!

First off, thank you for your purchase and welcome to our premium plugin support forums! You would need to go and overwrite each nav.php template for each view to have any effect on the previous/next events navigation. Another option would be to “hide” the previous/next events pagination using CSS. Refer to this Customizing WordPress #2 – Using Chrome Developers Tools YouTube video on how to identify CSS classes/IDs and apply those changes to wherever you manage CSS.

Please review our Stylesheets and Page Templates tutorial for more information on CSS instructions.

Please keep me updated and have a great evening. Cheers!

Gregory
    Participant

Per my original post above, we followed your Themer’s Guide and copied over single-event.php to …\wp-content\themes\snapgravy\tribe-events\pro. We made customization there according to https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/remove-previous-next-events-in-events-calendar-pro/, however, the plugin is not recognizing the chagnes and continues to display the default single-event.php template.

We don’t want to use CSS to implement this customization. We want to create a custom Template file. Please re-read out original post above and advise accordingly.

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

I wasn’t 100% certain on which navigation links you were referring to, but I understand now so thank you for further clarifying. I followed the instructions in the Themer’s Guide and created a template override for /the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php and removed lines 80-83. Please see the screenshots below.

This screenshot was taken before doing the overwrite. You can see the navigation links to “Laura” and “Cheerleading Practice” display near the bottom of the image:

After saving the customizations, the “Laura” and “Cheerleading Practice” navigation links no longer display:

Best of luck and let me know if you’re able to get things squared away. Cheers!

Gregory
    Participant

Maybe I’m not explaining myself correctly. I’ll give it another shot.

Per the above, I followed all of the same instructions you did and placed the customized file here (per the Themer’s Guide):

…\wp-content\themes\snapgravy\tribe-events\pro

Why aren’t the customization’s being displayed (in this case, pagination)?

What would some of the potential issues be preventing the designed behavior?

Hunter

Why aren’t the customization’s being displayed (in this case, pagination)?

What would some of the potential issues be preventing the designed behavior?

The only reasons I can think are you’re using a) outdated/incorrect code and/or b the files are not saved with the correct folder structure.

You say you’re using the following structure for the single-event.php template: …\wp-content\themes\snapgravy\tribe-events\pro\single-event.php

If you are trying to overwrite the single event template, you would save it with the following structure: [your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php

Try adjusting your single-event.php file so the matches the example above and let me know if your changes reflect on the front-end of your site.

Cheers 🙂

Gregory
    Participant

Per the above, our custom CSS is working in the /pro location. Per your Themer’s Guide, that is where the Template files need to go if using PRO, which we are. Has that now changed?

Gregory
    Participant

See Attached image.

Hunter

Hey Gregory,

I understand how that might be confusing, but the /tribe-events/pro/ folder is reserved for files only available in /events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro…, so therefore the /the-events-calendar/src/views/single-event.php file would go in the /your-theme/tribe-events/ folder. As previously requested, try following the file as follows:

[your-theme]/tribe-events/single-event.php

If you take notice to the opening information for each template, we provide the necessary structure needed for overwrites to take effect.

I’ll bring your feedback to the attention of those who head up the Knowledgebase. Please let me know if you have any troubles when trying to save the template with the aforementioned structure and have a great rest of your Friday 🙂

Gregory
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. I’ll give it a shot.

Hunter

Thanks and have a great weekend ahead!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove previous – next events in Events Calendar Pro??’ is closed to new replies.