Remove Organizer from backend and frontend everywhere I dont want CSS to hide it

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove Organizer from backend and frontend everywhere I dont want CSS to hide it

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Varun Dubey
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I am using EVENTS CALENDAR PRO in my site and I want to remove Organizer completely. I found it is a custom post type and tried some function to unregistered ‘post_type=tribe_organizer’ but seems the dependency of other things on Organizer is breaking the things.
    Could you please provide me any function to remove it completely.
    I don’t want any css code as I want to remove it from backend as well..

Looking for a better solution.

Many Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Varun Dubey,

I would love to help you with this.

I think your notion of deregistering the post type is probably going to backfire in a million ways. It would be possible to to simply hide the organizer forms on the Add/Edit Events pages (without touching CSS). They all use a template located here: /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/admin-views/organizer-meta-box.php You can override this though using the filter ‘tribe_events_organizer_meta_box_template’. If you point that to a blank file then the form will just disappear from add/edit screens.

You can also deregister the Organizer menu item from the admin menu using the usual remove_menu_page().

And you have essentially completely hidden the form. If you want to try to and remove the post type you can be my guest. But that will be fraught with difficulties, most of them unpredictable and thus I can’t really walk you through them. It might require some massive direct edits to our plugin files, which will mean you won’t be able to update. We are actually working on making this possible in as early as version 4.2 of our plugin. Trying to abstract our post types to make it easy to both remove and add new ones that are tied into the events. But that will still require some programming, though we should have a tutorial to help walk you through this.

Does that all make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Organizer from backend and frontend everywhere I dont want CSS to hide it’ is closed to new replies.