remove old events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator remove old events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    um1tb
    Participant

Hi,

I would like the event calendar to automatically remove any events which are older than 2 months old.

How can set this up.

also i keep getting this error message:
    The page “Events” uses the “/events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.

what do i need to do.

Leah

Hi um1tb,

Thanks for your note. There is not a built in way to remove all old events, but you can have old recurring events automatically removed. Under Events –> Settings –> General there is a setting for Clean up recurring events after:. If you set that number to 2, then recurring events over 2 months old will be removed from the calendar.

It’s also possible that you could use another plugin to clean up the rest of your events. Events are custom post types, so a plugin like Auto Prune Posts might to work for you.

also i keep getting this error message:
    The page “Events” uses the “/events” slug: the Events Calendar plugin will show its calendar in place of the page.

The Events Calendar automatically generates the events page at yoursite.com/events. Does your website already have a WordPress page called Events with the url slug /events? If so, you can delete that page. You can also change the url path for The Events Calendar under Events –> Settings –> General. Change the slug to something other than the default /events. I believe that either of those solutions will get rid of the error, but let us know if you continue to have trouble!

Best,

Leah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘remove old events’ is closed to new replies.