Remove link before category title and show description

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove link before category title and show description

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marlene Hassel
    Participant

I’d like to:

1. Remove the “Upcoming Events >” part of the tribe-events-page-title.
    (I know I can hide the link with display:none but that leaves the “>” )

2. Display the category description after the title.

How can this be achieved?

Marlene Hassel
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marlene,

Thanks for reaching out.

In order to display the category description after the title, paste this snippet into your functions.php file:

function category_description_below_title() {
    	if ( tribe_is_photo () ) echo '<div class="category-description" style="text-align: center;">' . category_description() . '</div>';
    }
    add_action( 'tribe_events_after_the_title', 'category_description_below_title' );

This will add the description in the photo view. If you would like to add it to all views, then remove this part:

if ( tribe_is_photo () )

You can format the category description with css using the .category-description class. And of course, you can further adjust the function for your needs.

As for your second request, that looks a bit more complicated. Please give me some time to look into that a bit.

Cheers,
    Andras

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Andras.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Andras.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Marlene,

I’m sorry for the really long break. This thread flew below the radar and I just re-discovered it.

I believe this article should help you achieve what you want with the titles.

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/changing-the-browser-title-for-calendar-views/

Let me know if you need further help with this.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove link before category title and show description’ is closed to new replies.