remove FREE from calendar listing with free version

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions remove FREE from calendar listing with free version

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Deb

We want to use your The Events Calendar and Event Tickets to allow members to reserve spaces at club events. When we open the event, it says FREE at the top (using just RSVP). We want to use the regular RSVP function that bypasses Woocommerce and other ecommerce software because of its elegant simplicity. However, our events are not really FREE – they are events for members and the actual billing is done through our club management software. So the FREE in the item is confusing to our older members. Can we remove the FREE or change it to some other text?

http://screencast.com/t/FuO8L6lx

If we cannot do that in the free version, can it be done in the paid version of Event Tickets?

Thanks,
    Deb

George
    Participant

Hey Deb,

Thanks for reaching out.

Whether using Event Tickets on its own or using the premium Event Tickets Plus add-on too, you can only hide that text outright with custom coding.

You’d use CSS like this, which you could paste at the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-events-schedule .tribe-events-cost {
    display: none !important;
    }

Let us know if this helps!
    George

Deb

Thanks – could I also use code to change FREE to something like ‘Based on selections below’?

Deb

Deb

I added that code to my Child theme’s styles.css file but the FREE is still there. Using Altitude Pro over Genesis.

Thanks,
    Deb

George
    Participant

Hi Deb,

You can customize that text however you see fit, but unfortunately doing so requires custom coding.

We cannot provide help with custom coding, even to our license-holders. You do not currently seem to have a license. More on this policy here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

With this being said, I would recommend removing the CSS I shared above and instead adding PHP like this to your theme’s functions.php file:

function tribe_replace_free_cost_text( $cost, $post_id, $with_currency_symbol ) {

if ( 'Free' === $cost ) {
    $cost = 'Based on selections below';
    }

return $cost;
    }

add_filter( 'tribe_get_cost', 'tribe_replace_free_cost_text', 10, 3 );

That should replace instances of “Free” with “Based on selections below”. If you want to use different text than “Based on selections below”, just modify that text in the code shared above.

I won’t be able to provide further assistance on the custom coding necessary for any further modification of that cost field’s display behavior, but I do sincerely hope this helps!

Please let me know.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘remove FREE from calendar listing with free version’ is closed to new replies.