Remove "Events In" From Shortcode Input

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove "Events In" From Shortcode Input

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Evan
    Participant

Whenever I use the shortcode [tribe_events] there is an “Events In” at the top of the calendar. How can I remove this?

http://meadowbrook.evancourtney.com/events/
    password: meadowbrook

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Evan,

Thanks for going Pro and welcome to the forums!

I believe this knowledgebase article will give you the solution. 🙂

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/altering-or-removing-titles-on-calendar-views/

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Evan
    Participant

The article you provided outlined how to remove event titles. I’m needing to remove the sort feature and the “Events In” verbiage.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Evan,

The article I provided is titled “Altering or removing titles on calendar views” and the snippet at the end of the post does exactly that. Tested and verified.

If you paste that snippet into your child theme’s functions.php file and alter line 13 to ‘%1$s’ then you will get the result you are looking for.

Cloudup nvyc2pseqal

Check and let me know if this solves it for you.

Cheers,
    Andras

Evan
    Participant

I have made these changes, but not seeing any effects. The “Events In” and the date is still showing.

Screen Shot 2016 10 28 at 8 41 22 PM
    Screen Shot 2016 10 28 at 8 41 28 PM

Any thoughts?

Andras
    Keymaster

From above the date search box you can remove it with this css code:

#tribe-bar-dates .label-tribe-bar-date {
    display: none;
    }

Does this solve it?

Or you want to remove the whole search box?

Removing changing the “Date” placeholder text is a bit more tricky. To make that disappear add this css snippet to your theme’s style.css file:

#tribe-bar-dates > input::-webkit-input-placeholder, /* Chrome/Opera/Safari */
    #tribe-bar-dates > input::-moz-placeholder, { /* Firefox 19+ */
    #tribe-bar-dates > input:-ms-input-placeholder, { /* IE 10+ */
    #tribe-bar-dates > input:-moz-placeholder { /* Firefox 18- */
    {
    opacity: 0;
    }

Note that this last piece is non-standard syntax, that is why all the naming craziness.

Hope this helps.

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove "Events In" From Shortcode Input’ is closed to new replies.