Remove Event title link

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove Event title link

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    astcit
    Participant

Good day to you guys…
    I’ve extensively looked across the forums in hope of finding an answer to removing the link from the title of the event in the list view of the calendar.
    I’ve looked through the documentation to find the right hook but still cant find the correct one.

ive tried;
    add_action( ‘tribe_events_before_view’, ‘tribe_remove_community_events_title_links’ );
    function tribe_remove_community_events_form_title_links(){
    remove_filter( ‘tribe_event_meta_event_title’, array(‘Tribe_Register_Meta_Pro’, ‘event_title’), 10, 2);
    }
    (copying from what I used to remove the venue link, which seem to work fine.)

I then also tried;

function tribe_community_events_list_events_link() {
    $url = TribeCommunityEvents::instance()->getUrl( ‘list’ );
    remove filters( ‘tribe-community-events-list-events-link’, $url );
    }

there were also a few different forum items in regards to changing the title content,
    (http://pastebin.com/QU2aMwBJ) which didn’t seem to be what i was looking for.

a few of the forum items Ive had a look through with no luck are below.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/want-to-change-headingstitles-on-week-and-day-views/
    https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/title-tags-main-specific-events/

Casey
    Participant

astcit,
    Hello again! 😀 Your best bet with a change like this would probably be to perform a template override of ‘the-events-calendar/views/list/single-event.php’ and just remove the anchor tag there. If you don’t know how to perform a template override, take a look at our themer’s guide, which should get you started.

Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

astcit
    Participant

Without your guys themer’s guide I wouldn’t know how to make my coffee in the morning 😉 love your work Casey, thanks for the quick response and right direction.
    will let you know how I go today once I’ve given it a crack.

astcit
    Participant

my man Casey, I only just realized that I was looking at the wrong single-event.php! I was straining my eyes sifting through single-event.php in tribe-events, not tribe-events/list.. which now.. seems obvious haha…. as always Casey, just needed some direction!

Casey
    Participant

astcit,
    Unfortunately, it happens to the best of us! 😀 Glad you were able to figure it out, and as always, thanks for being an awesome customer!

Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out, but feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Event title link’ is closed to new replies.