Remove deleted events?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Remove deleted events?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Is there any way to ensure that events deleted at the source are removed upon next import?

For example, my website has an availability calendar synced via iCal import. When a calendar date is no longer available, I’d expect that deleting that day’s event from my source calendar would remove it from events listings on my website. That doesn’t seem to be the case, unfortunately.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the email and apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately the plugin solely retrieves event information. Once the info is in your site, you will then have to manually remove it. Currently there is no synching mechanism in place however their is a suggestion that needs more votes for our development team to implement this in a future release. You can vote here

Sorry I couldn’t solve your issue now but hopefully in the future we have this implemented.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Matt
    Participant

Seems like there is more than one feature idea for the same functionality. For example, take a look at this feature idea, the poster is asking for events to be updated, so that “users calendars are updated automatically with new events, changes to events and so forth”.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Yes, the one you referenced is actually planned. Unfortunately I do not have a timeframe on when it will come out. When release updates, we add notes on what features were added so look out for this in the next coming months.

Thanks,
    Brendan

I have the same issue/question. I am currently importing a Google calendar. When an event is deleted from that Google calendar, nothing happens to it on my website TEC even after re-running an import. Is this behavior correct or is this a bug? If this is the default expected behavior, this seems problematic since events would not really be syncing with the source calendar. Thanks for clarifying.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey Christopher, thanks for chiming in!

You’re totally welcome to follow along as I help troubleshoot this issue with Matt. In fact, you can subscribe to receive an email when there are updates to this thread. If you’d like direct support, however, it would be awesome if you could open a new thread. We find it’s much easier to address one reported issue at a time in a thread and that sometimes seemingly similar issues wind up being something completely different.

Thanks so much!
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove deleted events?’ is closed to new replies.