Remove customizer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove customizer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    darrienw93
    Participant

Hi there,

The newest update added customizer to The Events Calendar. Is there an action or filter that I can use to remove the inline css as well as the customizer sections?

My theme is already heavily integrated with The Events Calendar, so the new customizer function is redundant.

George
    Participant

Hey @darrienw93,

It’s unfortunately not possible to remove the Customizer integration with The Events Calendar without some extensive code modifications, which isunfortunately outside the scope of the support forums. Please read more about that here ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

As for the inline CSS, can you clarify what inline CSS you’re hoping to remove, specifically?

Thank you!
    George

darrienw93
    Participant
    <script type="text/css" id="tmpl-tribe_customizer_css">.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-loop .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-events-list #tribe-events-day.tribe-events-loop .tribe-event-featured,
    				.type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event.tribe-event-featured .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap,
    				.type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event.tribe-event-featured .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap:hover {
    					background-color: #0ea0d7;
    				}

#tribe-events-content table.tribe-events-calendar .type-tribe_events.tribe-event-featured {
    				}

.tribe-events-list-widget .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-events-venue-widget .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-mini-calendar-list-wrapper .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-events-adv-list-widget .tribe-event-featured .tribe-mini-calendar-event {
    				}

.tribe-grid-body .tribe-event-featured.tribe-events-week-hourly-single {
    					background-color: rgba(14,160,215, .7 );
    					border-color: #0ea0d7;
    				}

.tribe-grid-body .tribe-event-featured.tribe-events-week-hourly-single:hover {
    				}</script><style type="text/css" id="tribe_customizer_css">.tribe-events-list .tribe-events-loop .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-events-list #tribe-events-day.tribe-events-loop .tribe-event-featured,
    				.type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event.tribe-event-featured .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap,
    				.type-tribe_events.tribe-events-photo-event.tribe-event-featured .tribe-events-photo-event-wrap:hover {
    				}

#tribe-events-content table.tribe-events-calendar .type-tribe_events.tribe-event-featured {
    				}

.tribe-events-list-widget .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-events-venue-widget .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-mini-calendar-list-wrapper .tribe-event-featured,
    				.tribe-events-adv-list-widget .tribe-event-featured .tribe-mini-calendar-event {
    				}

.tribe-grid-body .tribe-event-featured.tribe-events-week-hourly-single {
    					background-color: rgba(14,160,215, .7 );
    					border-color: #0ea0d7;
    				}

.tribe-grid-body .tribe-event-featured.tribe-events-week-hourly-single:hover {
    				}</style>
    George
    Participant

Thanks for confirming the code you want to remove, @darrienw93. This code is added via the wp_print_footer_scripts action hook—I’ve been trying to write some different custom code snippets to remove this, but have thus far failed to pull it off.

I’m still trying, and may reach out to a developer on our team if I remain unsuccessful. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
    George

darrienw93
    Participant

Ok thank you

George
    Participant

I have remained unsuccessful in my own attempts at this snippet, @darrienw93, and have reached out to a developer on our team.

I will update this thread with news about the snippet.

Stay tuned! (And thanks for your patience.)

Cheers,
    George

George
    Participant

Hey @darrienw93,

Thanks for your patience here!

A developer on our team, Brook, has written a snippet that should totally remove that Customizer’s generated CSS.

Try adding the code from this Gist to your theme’s functions.php file ?https://git.io/vDGZI

Let us know if it helps!

Cheers,
    George

darrienw93
    Participant

Thanks George!

You guys are amazing.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the kind words, and for your patience while we worked on a snippet—it was a bit harder to pull off than I originally thought, so I do apologize for the time we took to get it right.

Glad it’s working though!

Be sure to keep backups of that custom code and of your site and database in general ? https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Cheers!
    George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove customizer’ is closed to new replies.