Remove Calendar Sidebar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove Calendar Sidebar

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kpollitz
    Participant

I would like to remove the sidebar from the main calendar view. The calendar is set to my theme’s default page which includes a sidebar. Currently, it displays a full width calendar and the sidebar is actually at below the calendar. I do not want to change the default sidebar, but simply remove it from the events calendar view. Is this possible?

Geoff

Hi there, Krystal! Thanks for reaching out. 🙂

Good question. I do want to note, first of all, that we are a limited in how much support we can provide for custom development questions like this–but I’m happy to help point you in the right direction, if I can.

If you are using theme’s default page template, then you could edit the template to display everywhere but Events by wrapping the sidebar in a conditional.

For example:

if ( is_page_template('page.php') && ! tribe_is_month() || tribe_is_event()) {
    /* get the sidebar... */
    }

Note this has not been tested and you may need to fiddle with it to get exactly what you’re looking for. You can see a full list of calendar conditionals here.

Another way might be to use the default events template. This would naturally remove the sidebar from the event calendar view.

Give those a try and let me know if it does the trick. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

kpollitz
    Participant

I was able to find where I could change the events template to a page template with no sidebar and/or comment box. Thanks for your help.

Geoff

Awesome! i’m so glad that did the trick–thanks for following up and confirming the answer. 🙂

I’ll go ahead close this thread, but please feel free to open a new one if anything else comes up–we’d be happy to help.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Calendar Sidebar’ is closed to new replies.