Remove breadcrumbs on calendar and single event pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Remove breadcrumbs on calendar and single event pages

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cypressskiclub
    Participant

Hi –

I am using The Events Calendar PRO with the Enfold theme. I have my theme setup to display title and breadcrumbs by default but I’d like my calendar page and single event pages to NOT display the title and breadcrumbs. Not sure how to achieve this.

Thanks for the help

Geoff

Hi there, Mathieu! Welcome to the forums. 🙂

Great question. There are a couple of different ways to go about it.

1) Create new theme templates. I imagine the Title and Breadcrumbs are theme options that are being included in one of the global theme files (like header.php, for example). You could create a new page template that does not include those options (or modifies them) and set the events pages to use the new template in Events > Settings > Display.

2) Conditionally remove them. If you are able to locate what file is injecting those options, you may be able to go in there and wrap those lines in a PHP condition that excludes them from Events pages. For example:

<?php
    if  is_page( 'events' ) {
    // Your theme's code
    }
    ?>

Either of these options should get you where you want to go but, honestly, it may be something to contact the theme author about if you need specific guidance on how to extend the theme’s functionality.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

cypressskiclub
    Participant

Hi Geoff –

thanks for your reply. The Enfold folks were able to assist and I got the result I was after.

Cheers

Geoff

Awesome, I’m so glad to hear that Mathieu! Any chance you would be willing to share the solution? I could see how that would be useful for other people who may experience the same issue in the future.

Cheers!
    Geoff

cypressskiclub
    Participant

Hi Geoff –

here’s the link to the post on Enfold’s website:
    http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/remove-breadcrumbs-on-events-calendar-calendar-and-single-event-pages/#post-336869

And here’s a follow-up post I started after I realized that the CSS change to remove the breadcrumbs/title on the calendar page messed up my mega-menu:
    http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/issue-with-breadcrumbs-and-menu-on-events-calendar-pages/#post-338715

Thanks again

Geoff

Excellent, tbanks! I really appreciate you sharing the answer–this helps a lot.

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove breadcrumbs on calendar and single event pages’ is closed to new replies.