Remake connection to eventbrite ticket

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Remake connection to eventbrite ticket

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Q
    Participant

Hi,

I need to know ( a bit urgently ๐Ÿ™‚ ) if there is a way to remake the connection between an event and eventbrite – my client has used to option to break the connection, when that is clearly not what they needed to do – can this be done?

Thanks!

Ray

Barry

Hi Ray – is deleting the existing event (in your WP installation) and re-importing from Eventbrite an option here?

Q
    Participant

as you can see – it’s a pretty complex event – how would you re-import the event?

Q
    Participant

shame – just found out the post type tribe_events does not support revisions – adding support now is not retroactive – WP clearly only keeps revisions while this active.. I know this would might not have fixed the issue, but it might have allowed me to see who edited the event and when..

add_action( ‘init’, ‘my_custom_init’ );
    function my_custom_init() {
    add_post_type_support( ‘tribe_events’, ‘revisions’ );
    }

Q
    Participant

due to how EB and this plugin work – we start the process on WP and complete it on EB – adding in extra details, such as payment by bank and settings custom URL for the event – we don’t want to delete the event on EB – how could we re-import and re-connect this event – I’ve not taken the time to check the plugin code to see how this works yet – sorry..

Barry

Importing an event from Eventbrite is as simple as logging in and navigating to Events > Import Events, punching in the Eventbrite ID and hitting “go”. Does that help here?

Q
    Participant

can I then associate that EB event with an existing TEC event in WP?

Q
    Participant

Hi Barry – last one for tonight – late over here in Europe..

I’ve got some more weird behaviour from the EB plugin – another ticket has disappeared – but a quick check in WP shows that this one is still connected to EB – and a check on EB shows that tickets are still for sale – so all good:

http://food-fest.eventbrite.com/

the event on our WP site:

http://greenhearttransforms.org/event/third-thursday-workshop-food-fest

However, the tickets are hidden – I guess based on a function that checks the ticket sales dates – time zone on WP & EB is GMT -0700 – so these tickets should still be on sale – no error is given.

I’f you’re checking this out later than an hour or so from now, this will all be meaningless anyhow..! thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Q
    Participant

sorry – I’ve completely invalidated my comment, the client asked that I added the ticket back on the page – so I’ve coped the embed code over from EB.. there are some funny things going on with this plugin – I’d love to have a chat with you tomorrow about these – would that be possible? via Skype or PM? thanks… this forum is a bit of a limited way to discuss things

Leah

Hi Ray,

Sorry for the delayed response. We don’t do support over Skype or PM, but we’re happy to continue helping you here and potentially over email if necessary.

I just wanted to let you know that Barry has been out today and we don’t provide support over the weekend, but he’ll be back in touch with you asap next week to continue working through this.

Thank you for your patience.
    ~Leah

Barry

Hey Ray!

can I then associate that EB event with an existing TEC event in WP?

No, the import process creates a new event. You’d need to re-jig things manually after that.

Iโ€™f youโ€™re checking this out later than an hour or so from now, this will all be meaningless anyhow..! thanks

Yes unfortunately I didn’t get there in time. Do you require further support here?

Q
    Participant

Hi Barry / Leah – thanks for keeping an eye on this.

From what I’ve seen over the last week or so, I’m pretty sure that there is something odd going on with the data formats / event saving / ticket connection – however I’ve not had a chance to pin-point it yet – it’s my fault in a way as I probably did not do enough testing before the site went live and now it’s hard to back-track and turn-off plugins to test.

But – as I know well – it’s impossible to fix a bug that can’t be replicated and fully described.. so – I’ll keep looking, training up the client and let you know.

RE: my previous comment – this plugin is good for us for now – but the extra set-up steps required for each ticket might mean in the long run we’ll move to a different ticket system – perhaps the wootickets add-on that Leah mentioned – we need to be able to do all the set-up from inside WP and have a direct way to sell using Credit Cards.

Thanks again!

Ray

Q
    Participant

above – I meant to write “date formats” not “data formats” – subtle difference, but a little more specific!

Barry

Hi Ray,

RE: my previous comment โ€“ this plugin is good for us for now โ€“ but the extra set-up steps required for each ticket might mean in the long run weโ€™ll move to a different ticket system โ€“ perhaps the wootickets add-on that Leah mentioned โ€“ we need to be able to do all the set-up from inside WP and have a direct way to sell using Credit Cards.

We do appreciate your feedback and as with all our plugins this often shapes the direction they move in – so while we can’t guarantee that we’ll add tools to re-establish a connection it’s definitely been logged for consideration at our end (our reference #18444) for review by the team.

Q
    Participant

Thanks Barry – I was actually referring to previous comments about the need to do the initial set-up on WP, then move to EB to complete the process.

I’m certain you need that option to break the link between the event on WP & EB – however I might make it harder to use – or restrict it by role – accidental breaking of the connection is not ideal.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Remake connection to eventbrite ticket’ is closed to new replies.