Release: Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Release: Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Our smallest maintenance release this month, the 1.0.3 build of Eventbrite Tickets is nonetheless an important update if you want to ensure you’re running the freshest code. It automatically displays the Eventbrite Tickets panel within individual events…which, if user feedback from the last build is any indication, should save users a solid chunk of time when setting up their events. Here’s the rundown of what’s included:

Release Notes for WordPress Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3:

Small features, UX and Content Tweaks:

• Ticket box is now automatically displayed on all Eventbrite events (it previously defaulted to hidden).
    • Added new notification that appears upon initial activation, directing users to the new user primer.
    • Ticket-specific field for Eventbrite Tickets is no longer mandatory.
    • Incorporated new Dutch language files, courtesy of Jurgen Michiels.
    • Incorporated new Finnish language files, courtesy of Petri Kajander.
    • Incorporated new Italian language files, courtesy of Marco Infussi.

Bug Fixes:

• Plugin now works with PHP 5.4 and above.
    • Dual cost fields (one for Events, the other for Eventbrite) no longer conflict when both are being used on the same event.
    • Fixed a bug where, for some users, editing an existing event yielded a slew of Eventbrite-generated notices.

As with each of the other add-ons, make sure you’ve updated The Events Calendar to 2.0.9 before attempting to use Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3. And if you notice a bug or odd behavior of any kind…drop us a lineĀ and we’ll do what we can to assist.

Thanks again for supporting us as we built out the September stable of maintenance releases. We’ll be back next month for another round…

Tracey

Hello,
    I just updated my Event Calendar/CalendarPro to 2.0.9. I’m getting a message on my WP dashboard telling me the EventBrite add-on needs to be updated. I click “update now” and it tells me it’s already the latest version – 1.0.2, which isn’t the latest version.

Kelly
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. I downloaded the new version, but if I try to upload it as “New”, it throws an error saying that the directory already exists. If I try to “update” the plugin, it says that it’s at the latest version.

Am I supposed to delete the plugin and add it as new to perform the “upgrade”? If not, what is the procedure?

Thanks!

Kelly
    Participant

Hello out there? Tech support? Are you even monitoring this?

Rob

Hi folks. Thanks for the note here; as you may have seen in the release notes for the core The Events Calendar/PRO, there is a problem with the update prompt in 2.0.9 – where if you update The Events Calendar before any of the add-ons, those update prompts will no longer work. There are a couple of easy workarounds for this: one, you could just delete The Events Calendar and re-download/re-install 2.0.9 from WordPress.org (we released a hotfix a few days after the initial build that actually resolved the issue for anyone who downloaded it going forward).

Alternatively, if you’ve already updated core, just re-download Eventbrite from the tri.be website. If you try to upload it and are facing an error saying that the directory already exists, it’s because the folder names are the same. The easiest workaround here would be to just rename the source folder before attempting to upload it. It’s also worth noting that this update error will be gone in the next build, so you won’t have to worry about manual updates.

Hope this helps. If it doesn’t, please let me know and I can continue to troubleshoot as needed.

Kelly
    Participant

Renaming did the trick. Thanks, Rob!

Rob

Glad to be of service, Kelly – and thanks for the follow-up to nudge me on this issue yesterday, too. If you need anything else down the road just holler.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Release: Eventbrite Tickets 1.0.3’ is closed to new replies.