Relation between EventPost, EventVenue and custom fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Relation between EventPost, EventVenue and custom fields

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    xumus
    Participant

Hello,

We’re working in an advanced searcher for using with the plugin but we need to know the relation between EventPost, EventVenue, EventCustomFields and EventOrganizer to search into all those fields at same time.

We were thinking in a way to combine all that information in a unique table of database to work with searcher, but we need you could explain us how to combine it or maybe you could explain us how the plugin submit information to modify it(where we could or have to modify to get it).

I hope you could help us to find a solution as soon as possible to make it work.

Thanks for help,

George
    Participant

Hi Xumus,

I’m not sure exactly what you need to build in your custom advanced searcher, but all of these pieces of data are already linked together in your WordPress installation’s MySQL database (and searchable with custom SQL queries, etc.)

So, the way they’re stored there is something I’ll elaborate upon here. 🙂 Let’s hit each point:

Event Custom Fields

Custom fields are not a separate “entity” in and of themselves within the database, like “Posts”, “Events”, “Venues”, etc. are. In fact, a good way to think about custom fields is to note that each of these items I just listed have custom fields of their own. Events have custom fields that store event-specific data (like event start time, end time, etc.). Posts have custom fields, and even “Attachments” within WordPress have custom fields.

Event Posts
    The main tribe_events post type is just that – a post type. It’s stored within WordPress like posts, pages, etc.

Event Venues
    Event Venues are a post type as well. They are linked to a specific event post by way of a custom field on the event post. For example, let’s say you have a venue with an ID of 123. If an event is taking place there, then it will have a custom field called “Venue ID” that is set to 123, linking them together.

Event Organizers
    Event organizers are custom taxonomies, they work just like “categories” do for normal posts. But beyond that, they are linked to event posts just like venues: by ID in a custom field on the post.

I hope this information helps! Something that should be useful along with it is our list of meta fields, which are custom fields just a different name, which you can find here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/wordpress-post-meta-data/

Let us know if this helps!

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Relation between EventPost, EventVenue and custom fields’ is closed to new replies.