Related events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Related events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Joan
    Participant

Sorry but I’m searching on forum but I can’t find how to manage related events.

Can you help me?

Casey
    Participant

framegirona,
    Thanks for getting in touch! The related events are displayed automatically, and can be disabled by going to ‘Events->Settings->Display’ and checking ‘Hide Related Events’ (screenshot).

If you’d like to customize how the related events look, you can perform a template override (see our themer’s guide for more info on how to do this) on the related-events.php file. Then you can customize the HTML to display as you’d like.

Hopefully my response above helps to get you pointed in the right direction, but let me know if I can help further. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Joan
    Participant

Hi Casey,

So this is auto? There’s no way to define wich events are related?

Casey
    Participant

So this is auto? There’s no way to define wich events are related?

That’s correct. If this is something you’d like to see in a future release, I would suggest submitting it as an idea on our UserVoice page. Our team periodically reviews the most popular ideas for possible inclusion in a future release of the plugin.

The current related posts functionality uses the tribe_get_related_posts function to automatically pull in related posts. If you’re adept at PHP, you could definitely customize this yourself using the ‘tribe_get_related_posts’ or ‘tribe_related_posts_args’ filter hooks we’ve allowed for in that function.

Your other option would to override the ‘related-events.php’ file and pull in your own content there.

Hope that helps! Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

Since I haven’t heard back from you here, I’m going to go ahead and close out this thread. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Related events’ is closed to new replies.