Related Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Related Events

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Huiwen
    Participant

Hi, I just would like to understand, once the box “related events” is ticked, how the events are related? And how can I configure it, if, for example, I’d like them to be related by categories, event organisers etc. Thanks.

Trisha

Hello, Huiwen!

Thank you for checking out The Events Calendar! I can help with this ?

The default configuration is that the events are related by category. There are filters in place that would allow you to alter this query to get the results you want.

Does this help answer your question? Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Trisha

Huiwen
    Participant

Hi Trisha, from what I can see, the events are not related by category right now. Where can I find the filters to alter the query? Maybe that would help. Thanks.

Trisha

Hi, Huiwen!

Sure, I can show you where to find that!  Look in ‘events-calendar-pro > src > functions > template-tags >general.php’ on Line 683. That’s the function that outputs the related posts boxes. Line 695 below that is where the query lives. You could use the filter on Line 720 to alter the $args.

Let me know if that doesn’t make sense or if you need anything else.

Cheers,
    Trisha

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Related Events’ is closed to new replies.