Reissuing tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Reissuing tickets

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    Participant

We’ve come across a problem having run our first ticketed event. A number of people contacted the office to say that they hadn’t received their tickets.

While we accept that the tickets will certainly have been sent by email automatically, and some will have ended up in the customers Junk Mail etc. some customers are adamant that they’ve not received them! Even after we try to resend the Ticket Email.

At the moment, as far as I see it, we have no option but to cancel the ticket then process the order ourselves, either posting or emailing them the tickets generated.. This is a massive headache for our administrative staff. We really need a way for admin to be able to access the tickets generated from the back end either being able to download a PDF version of the tickets, or being CCed/BCCed into the ticketing email. If we can receive the ticket emails as a carbon copy, at least we can access the purchased ticket and be able to forward it to the customer by whatever means.

Please help. Many thanks.

Mike.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Mike,

Thanks for writing us, I’d love to help you out today. It sounds like you may be running up against a common WordPress outgoing email issue. This happens all the time with email of various kinds, where certain people have trouble receiving it because of the configurations. The fix for this issue is to enable SMTP which you can do with various plugins, I recommend trying out this one.

After activating it, I’d recommend reaching out to a customer who was unable to receive the email (if that’s a possibility), and checking to see if this fixes the issue.

As far as the PDF copy of tickets, that’s not a feature we have at this time, so I would recommend upvoting the idea in our feature suggestion system here.

Please let me know if this was helpful, and if this doesn’t resolve your issue, then we can move on to additional troubleshooting steps.

Thanks!

Shelby

Mike
    Participant

Or is there any way to BCC customer tickets to a second email address?

Thanks.

Mike

Shelby
    Participant

Hey again Mike,

There is a way to copy the site admin email on the tickets, but it involves tampering with a bit of code. First you’ll want to make sure you’re using a child theme, and then you’ll want to add the following code snippet to your theme’s functions.php file:

/** * BCC site admin email on all Event Tickets' RSVP ticket emails so they get a copy of it too * * From https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/4f06f95dbff364242cf54a3b5271b182 * * Reference: https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_mail/#using-headers-to-set-from-cc-and-bcc-parameters * */ function cliff_et_rsvp_bcc_admin_ticket() { // get site admin's email $bcc = sanitize_email( get_option( 'admin_email' ) ); // set Headers to Event Tickets' default $headers = array( 'Content-type: text/html' ); // add BCC email if it's a valid email address if ( is_email( $bcc ) ) { $headers[] = sprintf( 'Bcc: %s', $bcc ); }

Please let me know if this solves your issue, and if you have any further questions!

Thanks!

Shelby

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Reissuing tickets’ is closed to new replies.