Regular or Pro? Calendar Mini Grid View in Specific Location within Themes.

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Regular or Pro? Calendar Mini Grid View in Specific Location within Themes.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hello, I recently installed the Events Calendar Plugin created by Modern Tribe. I ran into an issue while trying to display the calendar within a specific place on my theme. I’m trying to display a smaller version of the grid view calender, so I’m using the ‘tribe_calendar_mini_grid()’ function, as provided on the Modern Tribe documentation website.

It looks like there is something going on with the jQuery.

At first, I thought it was my theme and perhaps there’s a conflict with my scripts, then I tested it on the WordPress default themes along with another theme I created a while back, and the same issue arises.

See link below for image of issue:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/bexy8k.jpg

Is this feature only provide in the Pro version, and that is why it looks like that? or is it a plugin bug?

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Leah

Hey Mike,

It sounds to me like the issue you’re having is unrelated to whether you’re running The Events Calendar or The Events Calendar PRO. That being said, your question is above my technical skill to answer fully. I’ll get in touch with one of our developers, and one of us will get back to you as soon as possible with a more substantial answer.

Thanks for your patience!
    Leah

Mike

thank you! please, a response is needed. I wouldn’t mind buy the pro edition if that’s the case, but if this can be achieved with the free edition, I would like a solution.

Barry

Hi Mike, Leah asked me to fill you in on the situation with the mini calendar here.

Essentially it’s expected that tribe_calendar_mini_grid() will be called from within a widget, rather than directly (which is noted in our docs for that template tag). Some associated Javascript does also have to be enqueued for it to work successfully.

The best and safest way to get this working is indeed to purchase Events Calendar PRO and use the provided calendar widget – so long as you have a dynamic sidebar you can drop it into (or else if you can create a new sidebar area) you will be good to go.

One last thing I would highlight is that the alternative method of inserting a widget using WordPress’s the_widget() function currently does not work with this widget, I believe a fix is in the works for this.

Does that answer your question? If you need me to clarify anything please just ask 🙂

Brian Green

I also had this same issue but on a test site that doesn’t have a license key properly installed. Could the fact that I have the Pro Plugin installed with no license key have any effect on this issue?

Leah

Hi Brian,

Generally the license key only effects your ability to get support and updates. But stranger things have happened, so why don’t you get the license key installed properly and then get back to us if you’re still experiencing a problem?

Thanks,
    Leah

Mike

I shall go with the pro version instead of trying to work around this. I want to support this wonderful plugin and all of modern tribe’s hard work.

Leah

Thank you so much for your support Mike. We really appreciate it 🙂
    If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to post on the PRO forums.

~Leah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Regular or Pro? Calendar Mini Grid View in Specific Location within Themes.’ is closed to new replies.