Registration not being added to attendees list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Registration not being added to attendees list

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lisa
    Participant

There is a problem with the registrations in that not all are ending up in an attendees list. One of the registrations didn’t appear in the event attendees list at all, only as an order. Can you shed any light on why and how this happened?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out, welcome to the forums! I’m sorry you are having this issue.

This could happen when a user adds a ticket with attendee information to the cart, then either switches to another PC or loses session information, then the ticket stays in the cart, but the attendee information is lost.

We already have a bugticket for that. I will add this thread to it as well to give it more push. It is on high priority.

Until then you could try to find a plugin or implement a code that will empty your shopping cart if it is not paid within 10 minutes or so, and put a countdown timer, so the visitors know about it.

I hope this helps and I’m sorry I’m not able to give you a fix for this at the moment.

Let me know if there’s anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lisa
    Participant

Hi András,

Many thanks for your explanation. Do you have any idea when this bug might be fixed? I currently have 3 problems with my events system on this client site, and the client is not happy!!

The other 2 problems are also nowhere near a solution, so would be good to give them a time frame on this.

OR, do you have the code, and where I might add it to give a quick patch for now?

Many thanks!
    Lisa

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Lisa,

I checked the status of that ticket and if all goes according to plan, then a fix for this should come with the next maintenance release. That is planned for the second half of November, so 2-3 weeks or so.

Unfortunately I don’t have any code for this, nor can I recommend a plugin, I’m sorry. The workaround idea came to me that day. You would need to search for some solution or ask a developer to do this for you.

I hope the 2-3 weeks wait is manageable. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lisa
    Participant

Hi András,

Is there any news on when the update might be released?

Many thanks!
    Lisa

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for reaching out!

I checked the status of the bug ticket. It already has a developer assigned to it, but at the moment we have bugs with higher priority that need to be squashed. This will likely not make it to our next Maintenance Release, so I would expect sometime next year, but cannot confirm any date yet. 2017 is still faaaaar away. 🙂 First we need to get through Christmas and New Years in one piece. 🙂

I’m sorry I cannot give you better news at this time. I’ll put this topic on pending fix status so it doesn’t get closed. We will update it once the fix is release so you will be notified. And if you feel like checking up on the status, feel free to do so and then I’ll give you an update. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Lisa
    Participant

Hi András,

As a paying customer I would really appreciate more information than sometime next year. It is concerning to hear you have so many bugs open!

I appreciate that the events calendar is free, but I have invested in many of your additions and of course my time with this product, and this isn’t the only problem I’m encountering with Events Calendar & Woocommerce. As I explained before, my client has lost faith in your product and to be able to have ONE thing working correctly would be greatly appreciated.

Lisa

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for reaching out, being honest voicing your concerns. I’m truly sorry you are experiencing issues with our plugins. I understand that waiting for a fix can be quite nerving and I’m sorry to hear the loss of faith in our plugins.

I can assure you that we put a lot of effort into developing quality plugins and before each release, whether it be a main release or a maintenance one, all of them go through thorough testing to get as smooth a user experience and possible. Nonetheless, due to the multitude of different environments – servers, setups, plugin combinations and so on – it is impossible to test them in all different combinations and to publish a plugin without any glitches and bugs, no matter how hard we try. This is why we also need to rely on our customers like yourself who report bugs and glitches, and with the help of them we can better our products and give users a better experience.

Yes, there are bugs and all of them do get the appropriate attention. This said I checked the ticket for this bug and it is set to be fixed in our next maintenance release. If all goes according to plan, this should still  happen before Christmas this year. I ask for a bit of patience on your and your clients behalf and I do hope we will soon be able to restore the lost faith.

Did you manage to take a look in the my earlier proposition on a plugin that empties the shopping cart after a set period of time?

Again, I’m really sorry this is taking so long to solve. I just want to let you know your voice is being heard and your patience is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Andras

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Now attendee meta is saved alongside the WooCommerce cart session instead of just relaying on cookies. Hopefully this prevents issues with empty attendee information in the attendees report!

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Registration not being added to attendees list’ is closed to new replies.