Registration for conferences

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Registration for conferences

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Katrina
    Participant

We purchased WooTickets via the Events Calendar, but we are finding that the ticketing process does not have the capability to gather the information we need for people to actually register for the event. Sometimes people buy multiple tickets for their office and we need all of the names, for example.

The capabilities that we need are:
    1) One person can buy multiple tickets AND register the purchaser, as well as provide names of other people he/she is buying the tickets for
    2) We have multiple events, so there is not a uniform registration page
    3) Ability to get the data for who registers
    4) Create a “free” ticket for someone who is just registering (but will pay later in person) and also a ticket with a cost associated with it, so one event has different ticketing options.

FYI, we purchased the license for the Events Calendar Pro and WooTickets. We also have WooCommerce and Authorize.net for the payment gateway.

Thanks!
    Laura

Th
    Participant

Katrina, your request is much wanted among the community and my understanding is that it’s being added to wootickets.

I was hoping the recently released wootickets v 3.12 would have it?

I do see this in the release notes, wondering if we can accomplish adding extra fields per event using these hooks and how?
    Added additional attendee generation hooks: wootickets_attendee_insert_args and wootickets_get_ticket

George
    Participant

Hey Laura,

I’m sorry to bear this news, but the capabilities you listed are not really possible without some extensive custom coding 🙁 We are working hard on a Tickets User Meta add-on which will allow some extensive customizable data-gathering features, which should help with some of the items you listed there, but I do not have an ETA for this add-on at this time.

We are working hard on it and should be launching a public beta in a couple of months – if you’re interested in participating in that Beta, feel free to sign up for it here! → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-signup-for-beta-access/

I’m sorry to disappoint. Please let me know if the information I provided here is at all helpful, or if there’s anything else that I can help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Katrina
    Participant

This reply is private.

luis
    Participant

I was hoping fro the same thing as katrina.

George
    Participant

Hey @Katrina,

I’m sorry that our plugins won’t suit your needs at this time 🙁 What could we have done better to make the current state of things clearer, and thus saved you some time and hassle here? Sorry that our product features weren’t clear – we can definitely do better there.

As for refunds, if your purchase was made in the last 30 days we can issue a refund immediately. Just send an email to [email protected] with a copy of your original order receipt from http://theeventscalendar.com – i.e. not a payment receipt from PayPal, but an email from this site itself that features your Order Number prominently at the top of your email.

We’ll match that to our records and issue a refund immediately! 🙂

And thanks for your input @luis – sorry to disappoint you here, as well. If you, too, are interested in a refund and have made your purchase in the last 30 days, follow the same steps as I recommended for @Katrina above and we’ll issue the refund immediately.

Cheers!
    George

luis
    Participant

Thanks for your response George. We are still using the plugin. I have a question and hope you can point me in the right direction. I don’t want to show the informative section with the details of the event, I just want to keep it as simple as possible leaving just the image on top and then the tickets selection at the bottom. How can I get rid of it. Thanks in advance for your response.

Katrina
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Hey Laura,

Thanks for the level-headed and polite response even in the face of our plugins being, it appears, a waste of money. I’m really sorry about the time you’ve sunk into this and would first like to touch on the original question/answer thing:

MY QUESTION: Also, can people purchase tickets for multiple events in one transaction?
    RESPONSE: Indeed! Folks can buy many tickets from many different events all at once.

I was the writer of that response, and indeed thought that you just meant that if there was, for example, an event each on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that someone wanted to attend, they could buy tickets for all three events in one cart checkout.

I’m sorry for my lack of depth in the response! I’m also sorry to bear the news that refunds past 30 days are unfortunately very tricky to do – these are not limitations imposed by us, but by our payment processors. Our processors are Stripe and PayPal, who have strict cut-offs for refunds, but I will reach out to some other team members and see what we can do here!

Can you forward a copy of your original receipt to us at [email protected]? This “receipt” is one your Order Number in bold at the top of it from our site itself, and with your license keys and stuff – it’s not a PayPal receipt, for example.

We can take that information and match it to our records and see what we can do from there.

Thank you!
    George

Katrina
    Participant

Thanks very much for the option to send the request to support. I understand how the question could be construed, and thus answered, in a few different ways. Any efforts to help offset the cost and time would be appreciated.

I forwarded the two receipts to the support email address you provided. One was for WooTickets and the other for the Calendar Pro.

Thanks again,
    Laura

George
    Participant

Thank you for your patience and politeness here, Laura – we’ll do what we can to make things right and I’m looking forward to continuing the conversation over email! 🙂

In the meantime – best of luck with your site and organization.

Sincerely,
    George

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Registration for conferences’ is closed to new replies.