Regarding Woocommerce Tickets – Ticket Name and length requirements

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Regarding Woocommerce Tickets – Ticket Name and length requirements

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark Alderton
    Participant

Hello, I’m implementing your Woocommerce Tickets plugin with Events Cal Pro.

I see that if I add a ticket to an event and give the ticket a lengthy name, when displayed on the front-end it reduces the cell area allowed for ticket details horizontally and expands the same details cell vertically, creating a very tall and odd looking details area. This is also further problematic when displayed on mobile, it pushes the details entirely off screen and no effort of swipe, pinch, dragging a scroll bar handle will allow me to scroll right to see those details.

Is there any solution other than the obvious of keeping my ticket names down to two or three word phrases?

You may see an example of this issue on the URI provided below.

Thank you,

Barry

Hi Mark,

That definitely looks a bit odd and I think there are a few things we could improve here going forward, but in the short term I’d recommend the following steps.

Firstly, learn about setting up template overrides and then go ahead and copy wootickets/views/tickets.php to your theme (it should like at YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php). Within that file, find the following line:

echo "<td nowrap='nowrap' class='tickets_name'>";

Remove the nowrap attribute so it reads like this:

echo "<td class='tickets_name'>";

That by itself may be sufficient but if you need further control over the description cell width, you can additionally set up a custom stylesheet (again, refer to the Themer’s Guide for complete details) which should live at YOUR_THEME/tribe-events/tribe-events.css. Add the following line:

.tribe-events-tickets .tickets_description { width: 40% }

You can of course adjust the percentage appropriately.

Does that help here?

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

Thanks again for your post. We wanted to get in touch and let you know that although we weren’t able to address this issue in our upcoming 3.10 release, it is still very much a priority. We have a ticket in our system and will be investigating a solution to be released in a future version. Thank you for your patience and support while we work on this!

Cheers,
    The Events Calendar Team

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Regarding Woocommerce Tickets – Ticket Name and length requirements’ is closed to new replies.