Regarding category selection within the Community Events submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Regarding category selection within the Community Events submission form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

In the Community Events setup video I noticed that the category selection area was setup with checkboxes. The form on my website is a drop down. Is there a way for me to edit the form to have checkboxes instead of a dropdown selection?

Also, is there a way for me to restrict the category selection to be only one option? I have six categories but I want users to be able to submit events to only one category.

Thanks

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dave!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

The category selectors have been changed to dropdown in a few versions back. Unfortunately, there is no built-in option to change them to checkboxes.

is there a way for me to restrict the category selection to be only one option?

You could probably achieve this but will require some custom coding, as there is no functionality to limit the categories. As a reference, you can find out how you can customize our templates in the following article > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up question.

Best,
    Victor

Dave
    Participant

I will attempt to add some custom code to achieve this. Would you be able to direct me to the correct template for editing that specific dropdown?

Dave
    Participant

Editing this code might be a little over my head. I am not really sure where to begin in regards to restricting the drop down to only shown one specific category for selection. Is there anyway I could get help with this, maybe a custom code support forum for me to post in?

Thanks!
    Dave

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

I recommend you take a look at our themer’s guide as a starting point. The template that renders the categories for the community submission form is the taxonomy.php template file that is located at /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/

I hope that helps. If you need further help with this, you may want to search for a suited developer > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/custom-development/

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Regarding category selection within the Community Events submission form’ is closed to new replies.