Refunding tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Refunding tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Nick Hadsund
    Participant

A big amount of our customers ends up buying more tickets than they need and wants to have them refunded. However refunded tickets are not noted among the attendeeds like canceled tickets. Are there any way to set up so we can see if a customer who bought 5 tickets got refunded 2 in the attendees-screen?

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

After having done a few tests with plugins deactivated and theme set on Twenty Fifteen, we can see it doesn’t count moving tickets either. When trying to move a ticket, it says something unexpected happened, but the attendee are still moved (but not counted).

This is a serious issue as we have based our sales on the data provided by Event Tickets and refunded or moved tickets thereby haven’t been resold or events have been oversold. We know stocks should be handled manualy, but the ‘Sold’ variable should always be true.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Nick,

Thanks for reaching out with your question. I can help you with this one.

When you refund on order on the WooCommerce order page, then it will be noted on the attendee page just like the cancelled ones. Here’s a screenshot of that.

If an order has multiple tickets and you are refunding only a part of the tickets, then that will not be reflected on the attendee list. The status indicator on the attendee list shows the status of the WooCommerce order. If the order is set to complete, then all tickets related to that will be shown as complete. If the order is set to ‘Refunded’ then all tickets will show that, regardless of how many tickets are actually refunded from the order.

This is a technical limitation. In the order you see 3 tickets together, and when you refund 2 tickets, you cannot choose which 2 tickets you are refunding. You are just saying that “hey I don’t need 2 tickets”. It cannot be specified which 2 tickets, so that change cannot be reflected in the attendee list. There is no way to know on the attendee list which 2 tickets should be marked as refunded.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

While it doesn’t provide a solution, this article might be helpful.

When trying to move a ticket, it says something unexpected happened, but the attendee are still moved (but not counted).

Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of the issue and have a bugticket in place already. Our developers will get to fixing this soon.

it doesn’t count moving tickets

Yes, that is so. You will need to adjust the stock of the tickets manually after moving them around.

This article will provide you with more insights on this.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

Hey András, thanks for your answer.

The plugin itself does say to update the stock manually, we are aware of that. It’s the ‘sold’ amount which seems to be counted incorrectly. Both if an attendee is moved og refunded it’s also a sold ticket that is moved or refunded and so should give a new ‘sold’ variable.

I have provided a screenshot from a test event. All the event tickets were sold 3 of. Then all were moved, cancelled, deleted (through order or attendee) or refunded. However this did not affect the sold-variable.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the thorough explanation. I have a better understanding now.

At the moment our plugins work in the way you described: moved, cancelled, deleted (through order or attendee) or refunded tickets are not removed from the sold variable.

I understand that this is confusing or not the behavior you would expect. This is something we are looking into refining.

I will definitely flag this now to my team-lead and will try to give it some push. Meanwhile I would like to ask yo to visit the below UserVoice page and cast your vote on the suggestion there which is exactly about this case:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/15012864-do-not-include-deleted-tickets-or-cancelled-orders

I know it’s an extra task which can be time consuming, but it is possible to manually adjust this value. You need to go to the WooCommerce product page of the ticket in question, go to the Custom Fields and adjust the value of the ‘total_sales’ custom field. Here’s a screenshot of that.

I’m sorry if this in not the answer you were hoping for. If you cast your vote – and if more and more people do – that will definitely elevate the priority of this topic.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Nick Hadsund
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Refunding tickets’ is closed to new replies.