Refunded order, but still "You'll receive your tickets in another email." :)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Refunded order, but still "You'll receive your tickets in another email." :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hello,

Can anyone tell me what’s wrong with this picture? 🙂

Regards
    Shadi

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

I also have a related question to “refunds”

Why is a refunded order (ticket) not released back in stock?
    Any logic behind this..

Thanks

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Shadi,

Thank you for taking the time to report a bug! I have just logged this for our developers to look at. We will fix this as soon as we can.

To be up front, I logged this with a fairly low priority. Thus, it is naturally a bit lower on our list than some other more severe bugs. But in time we will hit all of them, including this one.

Why is a refunded order (ticket) not released back in stock?

This is an issue we discovered a short while ago, and are working to fix. This one is actually logged with a fairly high priority. By default, WooCommerce does not restock refunded items. However, you can change this behavior by checking a box on the refund form, and when you do unfortunately it does not affect the stock of tickets. So we would like to fix this too. One a fix for this is ready, all you will need to do is update your plugins and the issue will go away.

Please let me know if you have any questions while you wait on a fix. Cheers!

– Brook

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hello Brook,

Thanks for the reply.
    I hope these issues get fixed ASAP, what seem as a minor bug to some, can be major in the eyes of end users (clients).

Anyway, I can’t find the option regarding “restocking” in the refund form.. can you kindly point me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Shadi

Brook
    Participant

The option to restock only appears if you click the the ^ arrow and increment how many of each item you want to return.

Example of clicking the arrow

We have found that many people do not refund items this way, and thus Even Woo itself will not restock the item. But, when they do refund this way, Woo will restock and soon our plugin will too.

I hope these issues get fixed ASAP, what seem as a minor bug to some, can be major in the eyes of end users (clients).

I understand that completely. With regard to any bug I can promise you we will fix it ASAP. There is an urgency with all bugs, including yours. We have actually even slowed on the introduction of new features for 2017, in an effort to address all bugs more quickly. But, to be realistic it still might be a number of months while we catch up on our backlog. I simply want to set your expectations here, and not over promise. There is a chance we will all be surprised an it gets fixed next month.

In the mean time, if you prefer you can hide that message from all emails by inserting this into your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter( 'wootickets_email_message', '__return_empty_string' );

Obviously that is not a perfect solution. But, I figured you might prefer your site not show the string at all until a proper fix has been released.

Please let me know if you have any more questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Thanks Brook for the follow up and the snapshot.

It would be unfair if I don’t put my self in your shoes, and I totally understand your position.

I’ll be looking forward to upcoming releases in the hope that these small issues are addressed in timely fashion.

Keep the good work up.

Regards
    Shadi

Brook
    Participant

Thank you very much for your understanding Shadi. And again, I really appreciate you reaching out to report these bugs.

Our ideal calendar is one with no legacy bugs, and all newly discovered bugs get patched in a very short timeframe. I’m not sure how realistic that is. Few pieces of software are able to achieve that, and most of the ones that do have stopped adding new features. However, by the end of 2017 I’m pretty sure we’ll be as close as possible to that goal.

We will get back to you when a fix is getting ready for release. Until then, don’t hesitate to reach out with questions.

Cheers!

– Brook

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st May 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-1st-may-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Shadi Habbal
    Participant

Hi Nico,

thanks for the heads up.

I’ll update you from our side as soon as we get to refund (hopefully never :)) ), in case there was any issue still.

Best regards
    Shadi

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Refunded order, but still "You'll receive your tickets in another email." :)’ is closed to new replies.