Redirecting Old Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Redirecting Old Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rick Maggio
    Participant

Has anyone found a good solution for redirecting old recurring events (or once-off events for that matter)? For example, do you just let the old pages die or do you redirect to a category or the ‘base’ event (in the case of recurring events)?

Joyce Grace

Hello Rick, not sure if this would help, but you could try creating a redirect using custom fields, or a plugin like “page links to” – but not sure if these would work with events, and even if they do, it would have to be each even redirected one by one.

You can probably write a plugin or some custom code to do this – it wouldn’t be a bad idea actually.

Here is a link to our technical documentation: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation

Let me know if you make any progress on this, it would be neat to know if you figure something out 🙂

Rick Maggio
    Participant

Thanks Joyce,
    We’re just trying to think this through a bit. Just trying to make the most out of traffic being generated by these old pages.

Joyce Grace

I see. I guess it could be problematic if you have lots of links pointing to them and then let them die out. Of course you could manually do re-directs on your server…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirecting Old Events’ is closed to new replies.