redirecting after changing slugs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO redirecting after changing slugs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Joseph Rivera
    Participant

Hi. We would like to change the Events and Single event URL slugs. Are there any best practices for this to ensure that there are no broken links for our single? Is it as simple as creating page redirects from the old urls to the new ones being generated.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out!

You should be able to change the slugs for both the main events page and single event pages under Events > Settings > General Settings > “Events URL slug”/”Single event URL slug”. After saving your changes there, you’ll want to flush your permalinks by going to Settings > Permalinks and clicking “Save”. That should get everything changed for you!

Please let me know if this works or if I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for. 🙂

Thanks,

Jennifer

Joseph Rivera
    Participant

I was able to change the event slugs. To answer my question, yes it was as simple as adding page redirects after changing the slugs.

Thank you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph, I’m glad to hear that you got this working the way you needed! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘redirecting after changing slugs’ is closed to new replies.