Redirect login

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Redirect login

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    gian
    Participant

Hi
    it happens that if a user who is not logged wants to insert an event he gets to the Community Events’s screen that show the login field. Since I have already installed the plugin Woocommerce which show on the same screen the login field and the recording field, I would like to know if it is possible to direct the user directly to that.
    Thanks

Casey
    Participant

gian,
    Hopefully I can help you out with this. Would you mind sending me a link to your login page so I can take a look? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

gian,
    Do you have a login that you could send me via private reply so I can see what you’re seeing? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

gian,
    Can you send me a private reply with an admin login, so I can see what you’re seeing? Thanks!

gian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

gian,
    I logged into the site and everything looks good to me. If you’ve restricted Event Submission to logged in users, then they’ll see a login form similar to this (http://screencloud.net/v/nCDh) when going to your event submission page (http://www.browsevents.com/events/community/add).

If you’re looking to create a login page for the users WooCommerce account, I believe you can do that in your WooCommerce Settings (WooCommerce->Settings->Pages). Unfortunately, if you need further support for the WooCommerce plugin, you’ll need to reach out to WooThemes for support.

Hope that helps! Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gian
    Participant

This reply is private.

Casey
    Participant

gian,
    Oh, I think I understand now. Sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately, it’s not possible to use a different login page for Community. However, you can add some text to the Community Login page with some instructions or a link to the registration page for your users. To do this, just paste the following code into your theme’s functions.php file and modify the HTML that you would like to display on the login form: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/7360689

Give that a shot and let me know if that helps. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gian
    Participant

Hello Casey the solution that you hast offered is absolutely valid. I have, however, another problem. If the user fails to log in he will be directed to the login page of wordpress (wp-login), but I would like he to be directed to the page I created with login and registration
    Thank you

Casey
    Participant

gian,
    Unfortunately, we can’t offer support for customizations like this, but there are many plugins out there that can do this ( here’s one example). Hopefully that gets you started in the right direction. Good luck and thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

gian
    Participant

Hi Casey
    a message to let you know that I solved my problem with the redirection login.
    I solved it with this function :
    function redirect_login() {
    wp_redirect( home_url( ‘/mio-account’ ) );
    }
    add_action( ‘login_form_login’, ‘redirect_login’ );

Thank you so much for your support and help.
    Ciao Gian

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirect login’ is closed to new replies.