Redirect Add to Cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Redirect Add to Cart

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Pim
    Participant

Hi,

On 22 October I started a Topic regarding custom redirect from add-to-cart to custom product.
    You can read the converstation below.

You guys helped by saying that i needed to configure it the functions.php but that wasn’t working. Now I found out that in the tickets.php there is add to cart function that I need to adjust. But i can’t get it working, can you guys help me out? I want it to redirect to a specific product.

Thanks in advance.

This was my question:

Pim
    October 22, 2015| Permalink
    Hi Guys,

I’m trying to redirect the Add to Cart instead of going to the the Cart page let it go to a specific product page. I tried a lot of different thing in the functions.php and tickets.php but nothing seems to work.

Can you guys help me out?

Thx!

You guys answered me

George
    October 22, 2015| Permalink
    CORRECT ANSWER?
    Hey @Pim!

This is unfortunately a general WooCommerce question, and not something related to our add-on for it or to The Events Calendar itself; so I unfortunately cannot guarantee I’ll be all that helpful here 🙁 Your best option for finding a solution to this is to contact WooCommerce support directly, or search online for WooCommerce-specific solutions here.

With all that being said, however, even though you mention having no success with functions.php tweaks thus far, I found this snippet on the official WooCommerce documentation that seems like it’ll do the trick for you: https://docs.woothemes.com/document/set-a-custom-add-to-cart-url-to-redirect-to/

Check that out, I hope it helps! 🙂

— George

Geoff

Hello Pim,

Thanks for following up!

I’ll do my best to help out, but do want to note that we are fairly limited in how much we can support customization requests like this. That said, I’m happy to point you in the right direction, if I can. 🙂

George is absolutely right in the last thread you opened: it seems like this would need to be modified at the WooCommerce level rather than the WooCommerce Tickets level. Tickets are registered as Products in WooCommerce, so the likely solution would be to provide a filter for the WooCommerce function that calls the product cart URL, like the one George provided.

If that’s not doing the trick (or is too difficult), then you might want to try to <a href="http://

<strong>Update: There has been a lot of awesome conversation in the comments about the difference between responsive and adaptive design. The important takeaway is that the difference comes down to more than media queries and pixel units. The animated GIF example earlier in the post is one way to illustrate the difference as those terms are recognized here, but this post also provides a nice series of illustrations to drive the point further.

“>the suggestion offered in this thread. It provides another mean for manually editing the links within WooCommerce Tickets so they redirect elsewhere. This example redirects to the checkout page, but I imagine it could be modified to redirect to a specific product page as well.

Sorry I don’t have a concrete solution for you here, but I hope one of these methods at least help you get started!

Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Redirect Add to Cart’ is closed to new replies.